So I found a GK BACKLINE 410BLX Cab for 149.99 at my local Guitar Center. Im wondering how this Cab sounds and about transporting it from home to gigs and practice. I don't have a big SUV but I'm thinking that it would fit in my backseat. This Cab would also need a head does anybody know of a cheap good head. I don't really want to spend a lot of money $200 bucks would be as much as I want to spend on it.
yeah the backline 600 is the mate to it i bealive, i had one but it had an overheating problem.. i took it back and mated it with a peavey nitrobass
Assuming the cabinet is in good shape, $150.00 is a good price. I would avoid a GK Backline amplifier head, though. GK's Backline series amplifiers aren't in the same league as the regular GK stuff, and there have been serious QC issues with Backline amps.

Take a look at the Acoustic B200 amplifier head. They go for $250.00 new and can often be found on sale for less. They sound very good and should be a fine match for your cabinet.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
yes i paid $199 for the 2x10... i fail....1 week later they had the 4x10 for $249...i dont like to talk about it...

otherwise its a good cab i stay away from the head honestly....

good luck
Quote by Radtastic89
Iv actually been thinking about getting a Acoustic 200 Watt Combo just for the space.

These are very nice. I have one for practice and it sounds great. It is loud enough for a band in small settings, too. And you could always mic it if your P.A. is up to the challenge.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
Assuming the cabinet is in good shape, $150.00 is a good price. I would avoid a GK Backline amplifier head, though. GK's Backline series amplifiers aren't in the same league as the regular GK stuff, and there have been serious QC issues with Backline amps.

Take a look at the Acoustic B200 amplifier head. They go for $250.00 new and can often be found on sale for less. They sound very good and should be a fine match for your cabinet.

+1.

The GK backline has a weak tone, not much tone options and overheating problems.

For something better in your price range Ide suggest a GK MB 115. Its light, 200 watts and it has alot of tonal options.

And as said the Acoustic B200 is a good choice.
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
Last edited by The1bassist06 at Aug 23, 2010,