Looking for a new amp to replace my 15 watt Peavey Rage 158. I need an amp that would sound good with a Line 6 Pod X3 Live, so I thought an amp with a good clean sound would be good, and the pedal could do the rest (tell me if I'm wrong).
My budget would be around 500 dollars. I play for the church, mostly clean tones, but at home I like to play rock music. I use a Paul Reed Smith Mira with humbuckers
I would like one between 50 and 100 watts. Mine is a solid state, is tube better?

I have been looking at Vox AC15/30, Marshall MG50/100dfx, and more.
What are some other good amps? Tell me why they are good.
Quote by tbone326
Looking for a new amp to replace my 15 watt Peavey Rage 158. I need an amp that would sound good with a Line 6 Pod X3 Live, so I thought an amp with a good clean sound would be good, and the pedal could do the rest (tell me if I'm wrong).
My budget would be around 500 dollars. I play for the church, mostly clean tones, but at home I like to play rock music. I use a Paul Reed Smith Mira with humbuckers
I would like one between 50 and 100 watts. Mine is a solid state, is tube better?

I have been looking at Vox AC15/30, Marshall MG50/100dfx, and more.
What are some other good amps? Tell me why they are good.

Try out a Fender Pro Junior combo amp. It's 15w tube and when cranked up all the way, it just barely starts to overdrive. The Pro Jr. takes pedals beautifully, and is quite simple, small, and VERY LOUD!

My church has one and I run my X3L through it quite often with my strat and les paul, everything from Hillsong to Switchfoot. It's a very smexy set of sounds! http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Pro-Junior-Combo-Amp-100036382-i1145368.gc
Well it seems like you'd be more in the area of a power amp but if your going to use your pod and not the amps preamp pretty much anything with a fx loop will work
Thanks! Our worship team plays a lot of hillsong too, along with Lincoln Brewster.
I'll check out the Pro Junior sometime.
I use a Tech 21 Power Engine 60 with my x3 live and it sounds great!