So i went to best buy today and found an Epiphone Les Paul Slash Model and played it.... great guitar. So than i went to their epiphones website and saw they only sell it in goldtop, and the one i played was sunburst. I went to the GC website, the guitar didnt even come up.... was it discontinued or something, can someone explain this to me?

Thanks guys.
Well you did saw it at bestbuy... What was the price of that guitar 0.0? It could of been just a copy by I'm not sure.
im pretty sure its a legi epi, my best buy has legitimate gear and instruments. but besides that does that guitar come in sunburst???
I found a killer sunburst Epi Slash LP at a local store. Resonated better than any other guitar there but the tone wasn't my thing. Probably the pickups.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
There's nothing wrong with buying musical equipment at Best Buy lol, but as far as I know, the Slash sig model only came in the goldtop, it could just be labeled incorrectly in-store.
it said "slash" on the front part of the headstock where the sideways les paul usually is... but u could only see the s and the l the others mustve worn off, but it was the store instrument lil kids might mess with it
Quote by rockmasta88
it said "slash" on the front part of the headstock where the sideways les paul usually is... but u could only see the s and the l the others mustve worn off, but it was the store instrument lil kids might mess with it

Did it say "slash" on the truss rod cover or on the actual headstock?
Last edited by JWG2007 at Aug 21, 2010,
The Slash sig was originally done in sunburst, and then they issued a new one based off of the goldtop he used back in the early 90s. What's weird is that I tried both, and I liked the sunburst more than goldtop. They're supposed to have the same feel, and everything, but the neck on the sunburst worked better for me.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
between the tuners? if the part ur talking about is the part im talking about..it said epiphone. and if the first part of the headstock is the truss rod cover, than yes. u might wanna check the link to answer ur question. it was the same guitar as the one in the link but in sunburst
Quote by rockmasta88
between the tuners? if the part ur talking about is the part im talking about..it said epiphone. and if the first part of the headstock is the truss rod cover, than yes. u might wanna check the link to answer ur question. it was the same guitar as the one in the link but in sunburst

I found a sunburst model on the epiphone site so it is legit..
link to guitar
Last edited by JWG2007 at Aug 21, 2010,
yeh it came in tobbaco burst all of em are sold out now so its up to you
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by rockmasta88
so according to IRISH_PUNK13 bestbuy has the old slash model...?

Would you mind telling me where I said that?

The tobaccoburst one was discontinued if I remember correctly. I would get it while it's still there.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by rockmasta88
oops my bad. i read ur comment wrong. do you think its a good buy?

I think it's good, but I would check used too. You may be able to pick it up for a bit less that way. I found that I liked the way the neck fit in my hand. My hand was constantly in a stable position, but the size also had some downsides too. I like to play using my thumb on the low E so that was a turn off for me. Other than that the whole guitar is great.
Look used, and if you can't find it cheaper go and get it.

EDIT:Ebay

Quote by L2112Lif
Last edited by IRISH_PUNK13 at Aug 22, 2010,
boosted, do you guys think it could do metal??? and best buy was selling it pretty cheap =P
slash has a new epi les paul coming out. Its the Appetite for Destruction les paul. Its suppose to have the same finish, pots, and pickups that slash's derrig les paul copy has. looks cool
Quote by rockmasta88
boosted, do you guys think it could do metal???

Shouldn't be a problem. IMO the metal tone comes more from the amp, and effects then the guitar itself. Also Matt Pike from High on fire uses a Les Paul, and it works well for him. So you should be fine TS.
Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by rockmasta88
boosted, do you guys think it could do metal??? and best buy was selling it pretty cheap =P

It should be able to do metal, there are plenty of people that play metal and use Les Pauls, myself included.