Good evening. :]

Anyways, I am very unsatisfied with my guitar sound and I just need some advice on how to get the perfect sound. I'm into the whole screamo/metalcore/ etc. etc. thing and I have a Peavy Vyper 15 Watt and an Ibanez RG. And like, what should be the Bass, Mid, Treble be set when you're playing this kind of music? I don't have any pedals so yeah.

I know its very noobish of me to ask that but eh. I'd appreciate the aid. <3
raise the treble, cut the mids, and raise the bass.

in other words.

bass at 2'o clock,

mids at 8'o clock,

treble at 3' o clock,

and gain at full.

it works well for when i wanna play,

"HURR DURR" Metalcore/Screamo "CHUGG CHUGG"
Use your ears amigo.
your tone's mostly gonna come from the amp itself, so you gotta do what you can with it.
Generally I keep the bass and mid higher when not accompanied with a backing track.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
for that amp i use: Rec amp model on dirty, pre gain on max, mid all the way down, high treble and bass both at almost max post gain at about 3/4
Quote by Ratraisin
Do you really kill hobos? Man, that's some bad karma...

THE ORIGINAL HOBO SLAYER
^ Now cool and groovy
Quote by Alice-Gardenia

Eww, no!
Tone is a pretty personal thing, you have to play around with it yourself to find something you like. A lot of people say that for metal you should scoop your mids but I, personally, boost my mids to almost max. High mids cut through the mix much better and I prefer the sound of them. Admittedly, you're not playing metal, but the principle stands, find something YOU like.
Generally, when seeking a good tone, I follow this procedure:
- Switch off all effects (e.g. reverb, delay, distortion), set all your EQ to the centre. You want to get the most basic tone possible, nothing added or taken away.

- Next, I'll switch on the distortion and play around with that. Get it just high enough that it distorts, but not high enough to sound messy.

- Then I play around with the mids. I like mine high, but see what you like.

- Treble is the next one, I usually go for a slight boost, but, again, whatever you like!

- I then EQ the bass. I usually cut it a little because my amp's bassy.

- At this stage, I go back to the distortion step and run through the check list from there, this is for any slight tweaks you might want to make.

- Final stage is to add in any effects you might want. I don't usually use any, but if I do, I usually keep it really low e.g. a slight chorus or reverb to add a bit of flavour.

As you've got a Vypyr, you'll want to play around a lot, learn what everything does, try out the different amp models and presets!
In my opinion, it's incredibly important to find that perfect sound, it's worth sitting down and playing with it for hours if that's what you need to do. The better you sound, the more you'll want to play and the more other people will want to hear you play!
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
Agree with above...the life expectency now days is somewhere in the late 70s I think so unless your 77 years old why be in a hurry just mess around with your amp there's a million different possibilities....if everyone used those same settings with the same amp then everyone would sound inbred...create your own statement bro...you got time lol
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Quote by Alice-Gardenia

in other words.

bass at 2'o clock,

mids at 8'o clock,

treble at 3' o clock,

and gain at full.

it works well for when i wanna play,

"HURR DURR" Metalcore/Screamo "CHUGG CHUGG"

This is right for metalcore