Page 1 of 3
Hey guys, i'm the co producer of a university radio show at the University of Queensland in Australia, Local Global Unloaded.

The show is all about showcasing great bands from all over the world of any genre who are independant or unsigned and wouldn't normaly get any air time. I'm looking for bands who want to submit their music for airing on the show.

Check out out web page Local Global Unloaded

The show is aired 3 times a week on the internet and digital radio, and is also podcast! If you are interested in being featured on the show, reply in this thread or email me at localglobalunloaded@brokenwizard.org
CC: local.global.unloaded@gmail.com

Please include some infomation about yourself and your band along with potential tracks in Mp3 form that you would like to be played on the show, more than one is fine as we feature several tracks from bands we really like. Correct ID3 tags makes our life easier too!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Podcasts available from our JAC Radio site

EDIT: 22/08/10

It looks like the university is yet to upload the podcast, though i will be uploading podcasts to my own custom made site very soon. The show is only a week old after all!

Quote by jimihendrix6699
wait......when you say "any genre" does that mean some queer wigger can play his stuff on the radio show?

By any genre I literally mean any genre, It may not get played if it's a racist hate song but that's not to say you can't submit your music for consideration any way.

I should also mention we are conducting interviews too if you have something interesting to say about your band or even just music in general.
Last edited by brokenwizard at Oct 29, 2010,
that's pretty cool. do we just go to your website to have a listen?
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Sure why not?

My project Best Kept Secret in my sig ("My myspace is cooler than your myspace") has some pretty decent recordings. PM or reply if interested or whatever.
wait......when you say "any genre" does that mean some queer wigger can play his stuff on the radio show?
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Hey guys! Thanks for the great response so far! UG Artist Best Kept Secret was featured in this weeks show! And can be heard at 10am Thursday Australian Brisbane Time. Which is 8pm Wednesday 25th August in New York and 1am London Time.

Listen in using this stream: Click Here

The show airs every week so there will be plenty of opportunity to get your band on the bill!

I will announce every week which bands will be featured so check back here and support your fellow UGers!
Hi everyone,

First off, thanks to Ross for starting this thread. I am Xander (Xan the Music Man) the host and creator of Local Global Unloaded, I am here looking for music to play on my radio show. Please either contact myself or Ross if you would like me to play your tracks.

Thanks for the response
HEY!!!! .... if you'd like to add an Egyptian band to the show you can use us :P !!!

we are nutr band ... a raw black metal band fro Egypt you can check our myspace page

www.myspace.com/nutrband

hope you like our stuff

kind regards from Egypt \m/
Great,

Thanks for the reply, I will listen tomorrow and work out what can go on the weekends show and the week after that.

Thanks for the response

Xan
Hey fellow UGers! Local Global Unloaded this week will feature UG band from Egypt Nutr and Canadian band Quadr4phonic!

The first airing will be in 20 min time! Listen Now!

Followed by 10am thursday and 8pm friday Australian Eastern Time.

Last Weeks Show is also now available as a podcast on the website!
Last edited by brokenwizard at Aug 30, 2010,
I already sent you an e-mail but I still think a reply wouldn´t hurt.

I, Al Milano, producer from Germany, am interrested in airplay for my recent album "Berlin, Tempelhofer Ufer, Winter" (which can be found at http://almilano.bandcamp.com/album/berlin-tempelhofer-ufer-winter ), as well as speaking about the present and the future of electronic music, and my viewpoints on it´s future, regarding standpoints from classical and jazz music.
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com
I too am one of those obnoxious people who sent you an email but is going to reply too.

My band is "NCA" we play a combination of traditional Irish/Celtic and punk. We are from band from Doylestown, PA. Think Flogging Molly, Dropkick murphy's and the casualties put together. Thats us haha
Quote by xanmusicman
And if there are any female vocalist/bands I would love to hear from you as well

That would be us! I just emailed you our track "Let's See You Do Better" and our band name is Euralea!. Hope we get on! We're excited!
GEAR

Schecter Synyster Custom w/ EVH D TUNA
Peavey EVH Wolfgang w/ EVH D TUNA
Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Marshall Valvestate AVT 50h Head
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

Female Fronted Pop/Punk Right HERE For Ya!
I just sent you a email.

IRON DRAGON
The Instrumental Heavy Metal Project by Ryan Crouse
http://www.starverse.ca/irondragon

GEAR:
SCHECTER "Diamond Series" REVENGER Guitar
VOX AD30VT Amp
ZOOM HD16CD Digital Mulit-Track Recorder
1 SHURE SM-57,1 Audio-Technica AT2035, 1 APEX 435 Mic. & 2 APEX 180 Condencer Mics
Edited with Audacity & Adobe Audition 3
Thanks for the reply to the thread everyone. I am still yet to play some of your tracks but I will get there, and I will let you know when you are on. Keep the music coming!

This week from the forums I have played Al Milano and Sirens of Serenade!

I will reply to everyone soon. I have been getting heaps of music sent to me, it will take some time to go through it all.
Quote by Madzää
I already sent you an e-mail but I still think a reply wouldn´t hurt.

I, Al Milano, producer from Germany, am interrested in airplay for my recent album "Berlin, Tempelhofer Ufer, Winter" (which can be found at http://almilano.bandcamp.com/album/berlin-tempelhofer-ufer-winter ), as well as speaking about the present and the future of electronic music, and my viewpoints on it´s future, regarding standpoints from classical and jazz music.

You got some airtime tonight at 6pm Australia time, it will be repeated 10am Thursday and 8pm Friday night.

www.jacradio.com.au

Nice tunes
If it's not too late I would like to report my bands interest in this matter. We're a Swedish metal band called Dire Detrimental, which would love to be on the radio Some of our songs are on our myspace, so check it out if you feel like it!
you spelled our name wrong :P its Sirens and Serenades not sirens of serenade lol. but anyways which song was it i missed the show
Sorry, I will have to fix the spelling up on the website :P Sirens and Serenade! And the track I played was "you made me". But I did say your name correctly on the show, which is a bonus.

Once again thanks for the interest in the show. This Sunday we are playing Euralea as well which will air 10am Sunday Australia time. Please keep the music coming. It will take me a while to get back to everyone though. Also I like to play the same track a few times over a few weeks so we can generate some interest with the bands on the show. So it is not just one play then onto the next track, I am here to help with your singles and give the radio time it deserves. So use and abuse me!!!

And a shout out to Sirens and Serenade the show repeats 10am Thursday & 8pm Friday Australia time.

Keep up the great tracks

Xan The Music Man
Page 1 of 3