Tuning: Standard
Length: Approx. 2:30

A really short song I just finished. I say it's prog because it just has that progressive feel to it I guess, but you could also call it death metal too, I guess (I'm not that great with picking genres). I'm not too sure about the solo, I'll probably work on that once people start giving me better ideas.

Any comments are appreciated, and I'll gladly C4C the best I can.

I might write lyrics for it sometime, but I'm not sure as of now. If I dont, I'll cut a few repititions off of the breakdown, which I'll admit does drag on a bit.

*Updated*
Attachments:
Free From Hell.gp5
---------------------------
Here have a waffle!
(>^_^)>#
Last edited by deathbycontrol at Aug 28, 2010,
Woah, the intro kinda freaked me out a bit to be honest, very... weird, but kinda cool at the same time. The bass melody in the song was very awesome, I thouroughly enjoyed it, though some of the chords didnt sound that good.

Bar 54 and onwards was very awesome, though could've thrown in some variations after some of the runthroughs! ^^ Other than that it's a cool song, not completely my taste, but 'twas cool, man!

- K
Gear:
ESP Horizon II
LTD EC-1000
Ibanez MDB1

Morgan BC40
Koch Twintone II

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

YouTube: more morons than Yahoo Answers and more hate than 4chan. It's the Internet's premier breeding ground of complete idiocy.
Quote by Kergash
Woah, the intro kinda freaked me out a bit to be honest, very... weird, but kinda cool at the same time. The bass melody in the song was very awesome, I thouroughly enjoyed it, though some of the chords didnt sound that good.

Bar 54 and onwards was very awesome, though could've thrown in some variations after some of the runthroughs! ^^ Other than that it's a cool song, not completely my taste, but 'twas cool, man!
Thanks man! Yeah, the intro was supposed to be weird but enticing, like you just have to listen to it to see what happens next. And which chords? I'll try to tweak it a bit when I get a chance.

Quote by bloodshed344
I like all the riffs but the structure is a bit random.
That's what I was going for actually. Usually I write things with a really strict structure, but I wanted to try to loosen up a bit with this one. Think I loosened up too much?
Here have a waffle!
(>^_^)>#
Quote by deathbycontrol
Thanks man! Yeah, the intro was supposed to be weird but enticing, like you just have to listen to it to see what happens next. And which chords? I'll try to tweak it a bit when I get a chance.

That's what I was going for actually. Usually I write things with a really strict structure, but I wanted to try to loosen up a bit with this one. Think I loosened up too much?

The chords you did with the bass, they sounded a bit.. muffled, and not so good. I'd cut down on the strings you used with them, maybe they'd sound a bit better. ^^
Gear:
ESP Horizon II
LTD EC-1000
Ibanez MDB1

Morgan BC40
Koch Twintone II

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

YouTube: more morons than Yahoo Answers and more hate than 4chan. It's the Internet's premier breeding ground of complete idiocy.
The bass part is trippy as hell... And I'm no bassist, but It looks pretty damn difficult to play. All in all, I like. Really like the intro, and the solo's nice, but you might want to spice up the rest somehow. And like others have mentioned... The bass chords don't sound brilliant. Could just be guitar pro, though.
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
Good grammar is like sex. It feels good.
As people have said.... Not a fan of the bass chords as well. Too muddy. However the tapped notes around them are great, my favourite part of the piece. I didn't like what happened in Bar 54. Semitone breakdown sort of part that we've all heard before, too many times, however I thought the solo that preceded it was decent. Also, I think bar 42-43 doesn't really flow that well. The change is too abrupt.

That being said this piece could turn out to be great, I just think a few areas need to be tweaked and worked on.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Alright I uploaded it again; I took a few notes out of the bass chords, hopefully that'll clean it up a bit. Also added a little bit more of a transition on bar 42, but it still isnt too special if you ask me.

I didn't like what happened in Bar 54. Semitone breakdown sort of part that we've all heard before
Yeah, I know. I've been listening to too much hardcore recently, writing generic breakdowns is kind of a bad habit I've gotten into.. I've been thinking about taking it out though, maybe throw in another bass section?
Here have a waffle!
(>^_^)>#