I have seen several threads that want to know whether anyone wants to join an online band. I have no idea how an online band works. Can someone here explain it to me? Thanks.
The band members are never together at once, they record their parts separately and mix them together (usually there's one member's track as a guide for the rest and they get built upon). Obviously this means they can't gig or anything like that.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
basically, your making music with 3 or 4 other guys you probably havent met completely over the internet. so no gigging or touring or anything, just collaborating with other musicians to make music.

so 1 person records a riff or something that they think could make a good song then sends it to the drummer or other guitarist and they add stuff they like and you take all these ideas and everyone records them on separate tracks and 1 person mixes them and...

ta-da! you have a song.
Quote by Reisgar42
The band members are never together at once, they record their parts separately and mix them together (usually there's one member's track as a guide for the rest and they get built upon). Obviously this means they can't gig or anything like that.

This is right i guess
It is exactly the same idea that I have in mind. Recording the track that you are playing with certain software and then merging all of them together with your online band members. But the thing is that it wouldn’t be so much fun if it is to put it that way. Having band members that can jam together and that obviously would be more fun and it would be more synchronized as well.