You know sometimes life as a musican is just the best fraking thing ever, for example remember when you got your first gig? or when you finally finished a song you were working on? remember that amazing feeling you had? As a musican you have good times, bad times, and all sorts of times inbetween. but during these times your with the ones you love, your bandmates (even though you may not like em ), and regardless of what kind of time your having us musicans in general find a way to make it kickass, and unforgettable. I am a musician and im going to make my years as a musican the best goddamn time of my life.
For a heart of ice,
a winters night is a breathless kiss,

For a heart of fire,
a summers day is a lovers embrace.

-Me-
"ohh a piece of candy!!!"
Quote by MakinLattes
I thought this was going to be some new film by Pixar.

hell im in a good mood, just got back from a concert, hanging with my buds playing riffs from said concert so i thought id share
For a heart of ice,

For a heart of fire,

-Me-
I know I'm being a dick, but you need to hear this from somebody. We don't care. We really don't care. Enjoy your victories without the need to broadcast them.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Quote by handlerb
I know I'm being a dick, but you need to hear this from somebody. We don't care. We really don't care. Enjoy your victories without the need to broadcast them.

Envy.
Quote by Toniofalcon
Envy.

No...I just got home from a successful gig as well. It's business as usual, because I am a musician. It's my job, not bragging rights.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
You are very right, we musicians do have mostly awesome lives. In college I lived in a house with 5 other guys - 4 of them played instruments. We all chipped in and got a crappy drum set, it was the best time ever. We would jam until like 4 in the morning and being around bassists, and other guitarists and a pianist helped me develop my skills so much more than I ever could being by myself. I remember me and my best friend (the pianist) would get drunk, put 20 bucks down each and try and guess intervals while the other played. Eyes closed, screaming: PERFECT 5th! MINOR 3rd, TRIIIIIII ****ING TOOOOOONE lol, good times.
On a more serious note though, we all realized that we could try are hardest but just based on pure statistics the thought of us making it real big in music is slim to none and even though we're young now (I'll be 23 soon), that lifestyle doesn't always work. I still live with my best friend and he's a piano teacher and I see him having to teach so many lessons a day that he barely has time to play shows, he's so grateful to be able to go out once a month on an open mike night and play for a crowd that actually appreciates it but hey bills gotta get paid you kno? Rent, car, cell phone, and most importantly COLLEGE LOANS are not cheap so you have to do what you gotta do. It'd be romantic to be able to say, **** it all I'm gunna take a chance and just put all my effort into making it big but life isn't always that simple. Especially when other factors like taking care of family or having kids comes up. Easy to say I'd risk it all until you have a baby and you have to figure out how to put food in his/her mouth and how to clothes them and provide for them in general. That's why I respect pro musicians (not just the rock stars, I mean those who make a living playing their music) because they found a way to make it and had enough conviction to see it through. Kudos to all the musicians out there doing their thing w/out too much compromise
Last edited by LightxGrenade at Aug 22, 2010,
Quote by handlerb
No...I just got home from a successful gig as well. It's business as usual, because I am a musician. It's my job, not bragging rights.

Bragging? A guy is happy and still pumped from a show so he's bragging? Let the man enjoy himself, it's refreshing to see someone enjoy the music so much. Christ, what'd you bathe in hater-ade today? One would think that you as a working musician would be more than able to relate to the elation he feels. If he felt the need to post it, it was only because he wanted to find others to relate to. And if he wants to brag a little, so what let the guy celebrate it. Just because you choose to handle it one way, doesn't mean everyone else does.
Quote by handlerb

See, I'd be inclined to agree with you, except for the fact that you have your gear list in your sig. Enjoy your possessions without the need to broadcast them.

Sanity is not statistical
I realized this a while ago as well, and decided to pursue music as a career because the feelings you just described are so damn amazing, nothing in the world makes me feel better. A few months ago I played my first real gig, and by that I mean my first time playing with a band I love and playing the music I love. I've played "professional" gigs before, but this was the first time I've ever been able to let loose and play music we wrote. The crowd loved it and we all shredded our asses off, it was just the most amazing feeling in the world. And now we might have a potential record deal, and many more gigs coming up.

I honestly don't care if I ever make "the big time," but I'm studying music education at uni right now, so my career with music is in the making. Being paid to do anything involving music would just be incredible for me.
Quote by Low_End_Rocker
See, I'd be inclined to agree with you, except for the fact that you have your gear list in your sig. Enjoy your possessions without the need to broadcast them.

This.
Quote by Craigz0rz
This.

lol
Current Gear:
Peavey Zodiac DE Scorpio (Bass)
Yamaha RBX-170 (Bass)
Boss ODB-3 (Overdrive Pedal)
Line 6 LowDown 150 (Amp)
Quote by handlerb

This is why nobody likes you, buzz killington

That being said I know exactly what you mean, TS. The fact that I'm a huge attention ***** and am really good at doing music further strengthens the experience
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Aug 22, 2010,
In retrospect, I wouldn't trade my experiences as a musician for anything.
So many terrible shows, very few good ones. Considering I've been playing with the same two guys for about 6 years, I don't know if it could not be a huge thing in my life.
Thanks TS, I think I needed that sort of memory jolt.
Quote by Mudmen190
In retrospect, I wouldn't trade my experiences as a musician for anything.
So many terrible shows, very few good ones. Considering I've been playing with the same two guys for about 6 years, I don't know if it could not be a huge thing in my life.
Thanks TS, I think I needed that sort of memory jolt.

I was just thinking about this as well. It really is a wonderful thing. I wouldn't change any of it.

Anyone want to share gig experiences? I know there's a thread for that in the Musician Talk, but it seems like this would be a decent thread to share some stories in.

Sanity is not statistical
I compleatly agree with the fact that there is nothing like getting up on stage, and as you start playing hearing the crowd go wild and either start singing the lyrics with you or start headbanging/moshing to it.
on a second note for those of you that disagree with the fact that i should brodcast the feeling? im not bragging im enjoying my time and just having fun with it. so i shall say this as kindly as humanly possible, "for those of you that went skinny dipping in malice, fook you"
and for those of you that agree with me thanks for the backup, and i think this would be a good place to discuss gig experiances (no matter how drunken they are)
For a heart of ice,

For a heart of fire,

-Me-
Quote by LightxGrenade
You are very right, we musicians do have mostly awesome lives. In college I lived in a house with 5 other guys - 4 of them played instruments. We all chipped in and got a crappy drum set, it was the best time ever. We would jam until like 4 in the morning and being around bassists, and other guitarists and a pianist helped me develop my skills so much more than I ever could being by myself. I remember me and my best friend (the pianist) would get drunk, put 20 bucks down each and try and guess intervals while the other played. Eyes closed, screaming: PERFECT 5th! MINOR 3rd, TRIIIIIII ****ING TOOOOOONE lol, good times.
On a more serious note though, we all realized that we could try are hardest but just based on pure statistics the thought of us making it real big in music is slim to none and even though we're young now (I'll be 23 soon), that lifestyle doesn't always work. I still live with my best friend and he's a piano teacher and I see him having to teach so many lessons a day that he barely has time to play shows, he's so grateful to be able to go out once a month on an open mike night and play for a crowd that actually appreciates it but hey bills gotta get paid you kno? Rent, car, cell phone, and most importantly COLLEGE LOANS are not cheap so you have to do what you gotta do. It'd be romantic to be able to say, **** it all I'm gunna take a chance and just put all my effort into making it big but life isn't always that simple. Especially when other factors like taking care of family or having kids comes up. Easy to say I'd risk it all until you have a baby and you have to figure out how to put food in his/her mouth and how to clothes them and provide for them in general. That's why I respect pro musicians (not just the rock stars, I mean those who make a living playing their music) because they found a way to make it and had enough conviction to see it through. Kudos to all the musicians out there doing their thing w/out too much compromise

lolwut
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
Quote by StratoCatser
lolwut

did you actually read that or skim it?
For a heart of ice,

For a heart of fire,

-Me-
Quote by Clockwork_Knite
did you actually read that or skim it?

I read it.

It just seemed funny to me the way he wrote it. But yes, I share his opinions and respect musicians and blah blah blah...
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
Quote by MakinLattes
I thought this was going to be some new film by Pixar.

That would be awesome. Pixar is the best.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!