hey, my fellow guitar fags. I was wondering if one of you strapping young lads could give me some information or recommendations on new pick ups for my Hellraiser Tempest. Now, its not that I "hate" EMGs( 81-TW bridge, 89 neck), I just don't really fancy them in my main axe (Tempest). My influences are Coheed and Cambria, Circa Survive, The Sound of Animals Fighting, Dance Gavin Dance, Rx Bandits, Radiohead, among other. Upon researching the gear of Steven Choi (Rx Bandits, TSOAF), I saw that there's "t-tops" in his Gibson "The Paul." The pickups originated around the late 70's-80s on a few of their budget level guitars. I really like the mid-clarity and presence that they seem to have, while still remaining sort of "vintage" sounding. I would assume that being a Tempest is basically the same woods as a Les Paul Standard that these pups would sound great . However, the downside to all this is that these pups have shown to be very pricey(ebay) and I dont have $250 to throw down on one pup, especially an often-counterfeited one... Anyone know aof any clones or pickups with qualities such as this. and If I am assuming too much, please correct me and point me in the direction of something better, perhaps? ...Well, thats it. Sorry for the essay and my terrible grammar.
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest Left Handed
Yamaha FG720SL Acoustic
Amp(s):
Fender Blues Junior (needs new tubes )
Guitar Rig 4, if that counts