So bass forum, it's finally time for me to get my own rig; i'm sick of playing on rented/borrowed amps. (Yeah, it's another one of these threads...) I've been saving up for an Eden Nemesis NA320 set-up for a few weeks now, and i'm about halfway to my goal; but I've been scouring ebay and the classifieds for a deal, and I think i might have stumbled upon something.

It's a Hartke HA5000, and it's listed at $400 Aus right now (which i assume is pretty great, considering our crazy gear prices). I've never played on one of these heads, and the auction ends in less than 24 hours, so i need to make a decision quick smart without even playing it. Does anyone own or has played the HA5000? Can't really get any good demo's of the amp itself online, but I've been impressed by some other Hartke rigs i've played in stores.

If I do end up with the Hartke, i'll probably buy a 410 and a 115 cab second hand as well (thinking Ampeg?). But if i stick with my plans for the Nemesis, I'll probably end up with a single 410 or 210 Eden cab.

I need something to make my Spector legend 5 roar, and I can't make up my mind! Please help?

tl;dr: New Eden Nemesis NA320 with a single 410, or a used Hartke HA5000 with a 410 and a 115?
To be honest, go the Eden.

You want reasons you say, well aren't you tough to please, but ok I will give them to you.....

In this part of the world we live in a full stack is absolute overkill, 99% of venues will DI you anyway and leave you with lugging a surplus cab and a sore back for no reason whatsoever.

Tone wise Eden's have it all over hartkes - especially in the Cab and speakers - in that Edens can be made to suit almost any genre. Hartkes do this as well but not as well as an Eden.

Reliability - This is something i have experience with. Took the old hartke cab i had back twice cause it screwed up. My abused 13 year old trace is better in reliability then a brand new hartke cab. On the other hand my mate works at the shop that sells eden on the Coast and he reckons they are great and hasn't had a single one returned, he's also very keen on them for sound.

Stick with the Eden - I'll eat my own testicles if you regret it and i'll eat them if you consider Ampeg again

Also you in a band down there? be keen to come and check you out when i'm down there....
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Last edited by Double Basser at Aug 22, 2010,
Wicked, thanks. I was pretty worried about the Nemesis to be honest. I mean, I know that they're Edens, but they're entry level Edens, and thought that might change things up and it would be better to have an old warrior like a hartke. But you're definitely right about the clubs down here... i just kinda wanted to tower over guitarists with their stacks.

And Double Basser, no real band as of yet. I'm studying a diploma of music, and have a handful of gigs in the next few months with a band as a part of the course, but i don't see it going on next year. Part of the reason for a new amp is so i can audition for a few bands.

Thanks for clearing things up for me.
Awesome mate, I did a diploma of music in 2008 up at sunny coast Tafe - Now in a band with a debut album with airplay and 3 tours lined up before the end of the year.

It's all about networking, but i'm sure you know this haha
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects