Got my old Epiphone Explorer with a scratch near the jack, some guy I know wants to trade it for his Schecter C1 Standard in grey, colour is discontinued now, anyone think this is a good deal.

My guitar seems to be £280 new, his £440.

Thoughts?
Explorer isn't my main guitar, it is my old first one, just wondering if it is a good investment if I go to sell it, I assume a C1 would sell better than an Explorer.

In the mean time what are they like in tonal difference, I like Seymour Duncan, no idea about Duncan Design.

Just wondering, he lives far away so I'd rather not go down to waste my time.
Its weird though, it is like an 08 model in grey, I can't find anything about it on the net, still not sure whether to do this or not, hmm.
Last edited by KarmaShade at Aug 22, 2010,
Quote by KarmaShade
Got my old Epiphone Explorer with a scratch near the jack, some guy I know wants to trade it for his Schecter C1 Standard in grey, colour is discontinued now, anyone think this is a good deal.

My guitar seems to be £280 new, his £440.

Thoughts?

I'd say that's a good deal.
Not sure about it being worth £400 now, its an old 08 model, doesn't look that expensive, anyone have any further knowledge on it?
Quote by KarmaShade
Not sure about it being worth £400 now, its an old 08 model, doesn't look that expensive, anyone have any further knowledge on it?

That seems like good money so i'd take that deal. Unless you're not into double cut bodies and such. Does this Schecter have a set neck, string thru bridge, and such?

And Duncan Designs aren't good at all
Guitars:
*Carvin DC 127
*Dean Vendetta 2.0 w/ SD Invader pup
*BSX Beast
Amp:
*Peavey Triple XXX Head
*Marshal VS412 Cabinet

The Channel of Crappy Played Metal Covers (if you're into that)
Yeah set neck, string through, but I mean how much is one of these going to sell for do you think?
Quote by KarmaShade
Yeah set neck, string through, but I mean how much is one of these going to sell for do you think?

Hard to say...i am seeing a lot selling for around $350-$700 on ebay. (Not sure what that is in pounds....500-?)

If the pups are Duncan Designed, its color is plain like black with no binding, then i dont think it would be worth more than $400.
Guitars:
*Carvin DC 127
*Dean Vendetta 2.0 w/ SD Invader pup
*BSX Beast
Amp:
*Peavey Triple XXX Head
*Marshal VS412 Cabinet

The Channel of Crappy Played Metal Covers (if you're into that)
Turns out it is a Schecter 006, just says 006 not deluxe, but I think it is an old model, the deal is now this guitar, which has slightly rusted bridge and tuners and a few small dents AND a slightly dodgy volume pot and £100, for a Epiphone Explorer with scratching.

I seriously don't think I'm going to be able to sell that.
Last edited by KarmaShade at Aug 23, 2010,