Page 1 of 2
I was browsing through my music folder and re-discovered my Daft Punk folder and remembered how hooked on them I used to be.

I command you to do the same!

Browse your music folders and listen to something you used to really love but for some reason have forgotten and post what band/song it is here!
Yellowcard... wow. Well this brings back memories, majorly nostalgia-ing right now
Quote by Riffofthebeast
hitler could have conquered the entire world if he just sent an assasin to every enemy country and have their leader assasinated
NOFX - White Trash, Two Heebs and a Bean (My touring Britain soundtrack)
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
I refuse to listen to HIM again.
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

Quote by mrfinkle213
I refuse to listen to HIM again.

Heaven ablaze in our eyes
We're standing still in time
The blood on our hands is the wine
We offer as sacrifice

oh c'mon, HIM isn't that bad.

EDIT: ^ goddammit, that song sends me into depression every time I hear it. I made a video telling me my first girlfriend I love her with that song, and we got together again after 7 years (even wrote a song about it, called "Together") and broke up about 4 months ago.

Song makes me very, very sad /emo about ex flashback.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Aug 22, 2010,
Quote by CoreysMonster
(even wrote a song about it, called "Together") a

That's where I got that song from! I was feeling that song the other day but I couldn't figure out what it was from.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
That's where I got that song from! I was feeling that song the other day but I couldn't figure out what it was from.

are you telling me you ripped the song from my profile without paying me?

Nah, I'm just kiddin. Glad you like it

But, as you can imagine, it was intended as a love song, and after that love is gone, it's just depressing to hear now...

EDIT: but enough of my emo shit now, if anyone wants to respond to this, do it via PM. Let's continue with the nostalgia music once forgotten!
Quote by CoreysMonster
are you telling me you ripped the song from my profile without paying me?

Nah, I'm just kiddin. Glad you like it

But, as you can imagine, it was intended as a love song, and after that love is gone, it's just depressing to hear now...

I got it from one of the UG albums , I have pretty much everything UG has ever put out on my phone.

I can imagine, my girlfriend died and whenever I hear songs that remind me of her/songs I wrote with her it hits me hard.

If it makes you feel any better my friends girlfriend moved away for university and he really related to the song (he was in the car with me). Something about the degrees they are each doing taking 7 years, I don't really get exactly what set him off but it really got to him.

..I just thought the song was bitchin'.

edit: oh and nostalgia music, I just to always love this song when I was a little kid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPcjjOrKmJw
Last edited by Thrashtastic15 at Aug 22, 2010,
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I got it from one of the UG albums , I have pretty much everything UG has ever put out on my phone.

I can imagine, my girlfriend died and whenever I hear songs that remind me of her/songs I wrote with her it hits me hard.

If it makes you feel any better my friends girlfriend moved away for university and he really related to the song (he was in the car with me). Something about the degrees they are each doing taking 7 years, I don't really get exactly what set him off but it really got to him.

..I just thought the song was bitchin'.

edit: oh and nostalgia music, I just to always love this song when I was a little kid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPcjjOrKmJw

I will now procede to shut the fuck up, because whatever emoness I have cannot even begin to compare to that.
That is really really sad, man.

And to the whole "7 years" thing, it was really 7 years until we got back together, and 7 seems to be kindof a magic number in a way. every time there's a "Guess the number" thread on UG, most people pick 7. I dunno why.

EDIT: holy shit, tracy chapman!! *nostalgias hard*

I gotta email my mom to send me her CDs, I remember listening to them back when I was like 4 or something.
Guess that puts me in metal mode:

Death
Pantera
Venom
Mayhem
Children of Bodom
Slayer

Oh my god.

edit: Found this too.
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Aug 22, 2010,
I had like 15+ Xasthur albums .

I haven't listened to black metal in a long time, but sometimes I find myself listening to Burzum for a while.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I will now procede to shut the fuck up, because whatever emoness I have cannot even begin to compare to that.
That is really really sad, man.

That doesn't make your situation any less sad either buddy.

Quote by CoreysMonster
And to the whole "7 years" thing, it was really 7 years until we got back together, and 7 seems to be kindof a magic number in a way. every time there's a "Guess the number" thread on UG, most people pick 7. I dunno why.

7 is a pretty lucky number, which makes it that much worse now that I know the full situation. And I heard it the same way that you are describing it but it seems my friend took the lyrics differently.

Quote by CoreysMonster
EDIT: holy shit, tracy chapman!! *nostalgias hard*

I gotta email my mom to send me her CDs, I remember listening to them back when I was like 4 or something.

me too. I used to tell my mom I wanted hair exactly like that when I was older and the cringe that was probably on her face must have been priceless.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
me too. I used to tell my mom I wanted hair exactly like that when I was older and the cringe that was probably on her face must have been priceless.

tracy chapman's voice has more balls than 99% of all the singers on the planet.

EDIT: exceptions include Isaac Hayes and Barry White.

EDIT2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKYWOwWAguk

Oh god, the nostalgia!
Quote by CoreysMonster
I think you mean

(Invalid img)

Those people you posted were no longer System of a Down.

Goddamn it, I agree so much it hurts. I wasn't really taking into factor which picture to use, but now that you've pointed it out, I am ashamed.

I BUY MY CRACK I SMACK MY BITCH RIGHT HERE IN HOLLYWOOD
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
I think you need to

Wake up
Grab a brush and put on a little makeup
Hide the scars to fade away the shakeup!
Why'd you leave the keys up on the table?
Here you go creating another fable,
You wanted to!
Used to LOVE this. Only re-discovered the album recently and now have a whole new appreciation for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXR-bCF5dbM
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I think you need to

Wake up
Grab a brush and put on a little makeup
Hide the scars to fade away the shakeup!
Why'd you leave the keys up on the table?
Here you go creating another fable,
You wanted to!

I think that...

I WANNA FUCK
MY WAY TO THE GARDEN
'CAUSE EVERYONE NEEDS A MOTHER
FUCKER!
How in the shit did you guys beat me to post SOAD? My first favorite band, and the band that got me into music as a whole!

PUSHING LITTLE CHILDREN
WITH THEIR FULLY AUTOMATICS
THEY LIKE TO PUSH THE WEAK AROUND
Until a feew weeks ago, I had almost forgotten Rise Against, my favorite band until the summer of 2009.

They have quite so awesome lyrics and Tim McIlrath can sing really well.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
I used to love My Chemical Romance, during my 'emo' phase.
I also haven't listend to Disturbed or Dragonforce in a loooooooooooong time.
Those bands always make me shit nostalgia.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

I recently did that with Cat Stevens.

EDIT: or, should I say, Yusuf Islam
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
Last edited by Callum89 at Aug 22, 2010,
Quote by sfaune92
Until a feew weeks ago, I had almost forgotten Rise Against, my favorite band until the summer of 2009.

This also. I have massive nostalgia attacks whenever I listen to Rise Against.
Quote by Samdroid
How in the shit did you guys beat me to post SOAD? My first favorite band, and the band that got me into music as a whole!

PUSHING LITTLE CHILDREN
WITH THEIR FULLY AUTOMATICS
THEY LIKE TO PUSH THE WEAK AROUND

goddammit, who let the SOAD fanboys out of their cells again?

Also, they got me into heavier music and guitar as well. System of a Down created a monster.

COREYSMONSTER!!!
Quote by sfaune92

+100000
They used to be my fav. band, I owned a sweater, a band shirt and all that jazz.
Seeing them perform last month was probably the best way to officially end my personal punk-era. They were pretty good actually
Also, SOAD obviously and Sum 41....
yeah I was listening to a lot of Daft Punk recently...

same as with System of a Down a few months back.

edit: also Justice...saw Stress on tv and it reminded me...
yo.

I BELIEVE
Page 1 of 2