I was on the bus the other day and I saw a sign saying 'Break Glass In Case Of Emergency'. It made me start to wonder when something becomes an emergency.
I mean, at what stage does something go from a major grievance to a full blown emergency that warrants glass breaking?

Maybe I'm watching too much Seinfeld....
If the bus is upside down, on fire and with the doors blocked shut I'd say it'd be a pretty good time to break that glass.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

From what point does it go from watching enough Seinfeld to watching too much Seinfeld.

ಠ_ಠ
Tonight I kill your fucking face.
I killed your face.

HG FC: 4211 7971 0287
Plt FC: 3052 1000 9033
i class an amergency as whenever it seems fun to do it. though other people might not agree with this.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
If you see someone on the Bus from the middle-east wearing a backpack you know it's time to break that glass! Assuming they're following the typical stereotypes of course.
Last edited by the_hoodster at Aug 22, 2010,
Quote by RipeFlesh
From what point does it go from watching enough Seinfeld to watching too much Seinfeld.

ಠ_ಠ

the moment you say "What's the deal with the "what's the deal" jokes?"
Quote by MH400
Well, bus tipped over.
Explosion.
Someone shot.

etc

Well, yeah, I mean, that's a given
Let's say you've got a guy on the bus tripping out. At one point he might be all casual and annoying, but the bus ride is still safe, but suddenly he's a knife wielding fellow.
At what stage does it warrant an emergency? When the knife comes out is the emergency but, but before that, is it feasible to break the glass?
Quote by tyler_j
Well, yeah, I mean, that's a given
Let's say you've got a guy on the bus tripping out. At one point he might be all casual and annoying, but the bus ride is still safe, but suddenly he's a knife wielding fellow.
At what stage does it warrant an emergency? When the knife comes out is the emergency but, but before that, is it feasible to break the glass?

Will breaking the glass make the knife wielding hallucinating guy safe to be around? Probably not. Not every emergency requires the same response.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

Whenever you're dead, thats the only time its acceptable
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
Quote by ICOG
Will breaking the glass make the knife wielding hallucinating guy safe to be around? Probably not. Not every emergency requires the same response.

I dump a bucket of lobsters on myself during every emergency. It puts out fires, fends off enemies, helps me run fast. It fixes just about any problem really.
When it's the safest method of leaving the bus when being on the bus is a major threat to your security.

/obvious true unfunny answer.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
I don't know, but if you're in a life-or-death situation and breaking the glass would help, be sure to think for several minutes about whether "emergency" is the best way to describe what's happening. If it's more of a "disaster" or "life-threatening catastrophe" or "imminent death", I'd imagine there's some kind of small fine involved.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Aug 22, 2010,
When they ask why you broke the glass, if your reason seems Ok. "That guy pulled a knife and I needed a quick escape" is a good reason, while "that sand nigger looked like a terrorist" is not particularly gonna fly well.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by whalepudding
I don't know, but if you're in a life-or-death situation and breaking the glass would help, be sure to think for several minutes about whether "emergency" is the best way to describe what's happening. If it's more of a "disaster" or "life-threatening catastrophe" or "imminent death", I'd imagine there's some kind of small fine involved.

That's sort of what I mean.
I mean, I might consider an obnoxious youngin' an emergency, but I doubt the authorities would see eye to eye with me....
If I gotta pee and there is no bathroom in sight I'm busting the glass. It'll give everybody something else to look at.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Snowman388
^I hope you know he was joking

Haha, yeah, of course, but he touched upon sort of what I mean.
I just wonder why they don't find a better way than having you break glass.
Quote by cornmancer
better question, why break the glass? Can't they just have a door handle or something, because unless you have the force you're going to get shards of glass in your hand.

Shoes?

better chance to break the window and less glass.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
TS, screw you! Use your freaking forehead. Go all Viking on that shit. If it ain't busted, bust it! End of story. Now, go bust some bus glass.