Poll: Do you believe in Karma?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you believe in Karma?
Yes
42 33%
No
53 42%
Did, don't anymore
12 10%
Not sure
19 15%
Voters: 126.
Page 1 of 2
Do you believe in karma? Personally, I did until recently. I've tried to be the best and nicest person to everyone I know and I like to think I've done a good job with that. If there was any way I could help someone out, I'd do it, even if they're not that close. Anywho, my parents are now getting divorced, my A Level results were crap, despite me working my arse off for them, my friends are going off to uni and I'm unemployed. Brilliant. This makes believe that karma is a load of bollocks. What about you?

Poll coming...
Well karma isn't always obvious or immediate.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I don't believe in karma as a 'unexplainable force the rewards you for good deeds', but I believe that people that do good will perceived as just that, and will have people generally favour them more. Furthermore, feeling good about yourself is a massive factor in quality of life.
Of course not. Obviously, if you are a good bloke and people think you are a good bloke you are more likely to be treated well. What goes around comes around and whatnot... but no karma.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
Quote by Thrill-house
Yes I do.
Oh god here we go

Karma is nonsense. Just be nice to people and you'll get treated with the same kind of respect. But some "magical force" that grants you good luck if you're a good person? Bollocks.
Quote by Våd Hamster
I don't believe in karma as a 'unexplainable force the rewards you for good deeds', but I believe that people that do good will perceived as just that, and will have people generally favour them more. Furthermore, feeling good about yourself is a massive factor in quality of life.

this times a million.

EDIT:^ dude, I think this is one of the few things we disagree on. I believe there is a force beyond our perception in the world, and that everything is connected. Call it magic or call it that bullshit word "spirituality", there is more to this world than meets the eye.
IMO, at least.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Aug 22, 2010,
Quote by Xiaoxi
A good thing will eventually happen, out of luck alone. Be sure to look very hard for it and attribute it to karma when it inevitably happens, even if it's ridiculously minor.

fitx.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Aug 22, 2010,
My personal experience has led me to the conclusion that at least on some level karma is plausible. I always try to live my life such that I treat other people the way I would like to be treated and if they don't want to treat me the same way, that's on them. I've become a bit more guarded in how much trust I will give someone straight away after being burned pretty bad a few times, but I've found that in general, bad people end up getting what's coming to them sooner or later. It seems that more often than not, it ends up being later, but it inevitably happens.
karma as in a force that will help you if you do good and other way around? No.
of course, if you believe in this and you do something good, you'll feel better which will likely have a positive effect on your daily life.
No, I don't. I'm nice to people because it makes me feel good when I'm nice to someone, but I don't mind destroying someone's feelings either. I just do what I want to do.
cat
No
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
As some supernatural entity that keep tracks of every individual's actions and base them on an objective scale and rewards and punish people for their actions after an undetermined time? No.

Nice people might get more benefits for attempting to grow relationships and favours done for them, than some consistently mean person who grows no mutualistic relationships and avoids people. But it's not because of some force, it's our society. It doens't always hold true, though, but you might get a frame of reasonable expectations.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by whalepudding
fitx.

No, I don't think it's some spiritual force. I just think that everything you do has physical repercussions, which may not feedback immediately or obviously.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
maybe you should of spent less time going out of your way to help people and more time studying, getting a job etc.
Pretty much always have.
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Well karma isn't always obvious or immediate.

Indeed. Karma is a strange thing, and you know what they say: "Karma's a b****". Just because you don't see results immediately doesn't mean that whatever is going to happen, won't. Hell, you may not even notice when karma kicks in. That's the beauty of it. So someone screwed you over three years ago (for example)? Well, you may not see the immediate ramifications of karma right away, or at all. Just know that if you're on the good side of karma, you'll be alright.
Quote by ZeGuitarist
Oh god here we go

Karma is nonsense. Just be nice to people and you'll get treated with the same kind of respect. But some "magical force" that grants you good luck if you're a good person? Bollocks.

Dude why do you insist on picking on anything I say that you don't agree with? I don't see you doing it to anyone else...
I kind of believe in reverse karma; the more of a dick you are, the more good stuff happens to you
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
**** no.

If you're nice to people, they're more likely to be nice back, obviously. But karma is complete horseshit.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Have any of you believers ever thought through it like this:

"I can be an arsehole to people all day, and just believe they deserve it"?

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Kinda going against my original statement, but, if a person is nice, then people are generally nice back, yes? So they will be okay in their life and stuff. It's quite a normal and everyday thing that most people will accept. So why is that not karma? Doing good brings good, right?
Quote by Fiddly Diddly69
I kind of believe in reverse karma; the more of a dick you are, the more good stuff happens to you

yeah if you kill a few million people than you unlock immortality...

my mate Adolf got the high score until he was lagged and lost.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Have any of you believers ever thought through it like this:

"I can be an arsehole to people all day, and just believe they deserve it"?

And they'll be arsholes back to you.
That doesn't disprove anything.
Karma's a bitch!
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
I believe in a form of it i suppose. Not as in it magically sorts your like into shit or awesome depending on your actions, but more that Karma is luck that's not really luck. It's what we percieve as out of our control, but really we influence the outcome of what we put down to Karma. Or at least i do.
Quote by leg end
Kinda going against my original statement, but, if a person is nice, then people are generally nice back, yes? So they will be okay in their life and stuff. It's quite a normal and everyday thing that most people will accept. So why is that not karma? Doing good brings good, right?

Yes, but not through any supernatural force.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Quote by CoreysMonster
And they'll be arsholes back to you.
That doesn't disprove anything.

I...didn't say it did...

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Quote by Lil Macker

That's just hit it on the head. Very sad though

Can anyone give a good argument for that? Besides reincarnation...
I believe that Karma does exists, but you cannot use it as some sort of magical points to make something happen. Personally it's my reason for helping out people.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I...didn't say it did...

but you said it towards all the "believers"

how else did you mean it?

Quote by leg end
That's just hit it on the head. Very sad though

Can anyone give a good argument for that? Besides reincarnation...

the whole idea of kharma rests on incarnation.
why are you treating karma like it's a false proof religion?
It's a concept and an idea to get people to be kind.
You guys are reading to much into it.
What you're talking about isn't Karma. Karma is the concept that your fate is determined by the actions of your previous incranations.
Quote by Thrill-house
Dude why do you insist on picking on anything I say that you don't agree with? I don't see you doing it to anyone else...
Lol, don't get all worked up, it was just a joke dude. I didn't even say anything, I just braced for another epic argument, and I wasn't even entirely wrong now was I?
I think karma has a broad spectrum of what people perceive of it. I personally think that it isn't some supernatural force, as much as it's just how you treat other people. If you're benevolent towards others, then likely you'll be treated much the same way. If you're just a dick, then you'll be treated like one.

Of course, there will always be people who claim it to be some overseeing force, but I guarantee you a good portion of those people go around living in fear of karma, and as a result, do things in fear of the repercussions, which IMO makes it just as bad as treating people like shyte.
Page 1 of 2