i've never understood this myth,but what exactly is it about guitar players that women dig?unless it IS just a myth...
it's the money and fame, not the musical abilities.

if you want to impress women with musical abilities, learn piano. Seriously.
we can't excuse that there isn't a heirarchy though.

1. Lead Singer
2. Guitarist

the rest of the band do not matter.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
we can't excuse that there isn't a heirarchy though.

1. Lead Singer
2. Drummer
3. Lead guitarist

the rest of the band do not matter.

fixed.

Seriously, all girls I've EVER met prefer drummers to guitarists. Guitarists are geeky idiots who slave over their instruments all day long. Drummers are primordial muscular ape men who beat the shit out of things.

That's literally what I've heard from women before. Women like the whole "beating shit out of things" aspect of drummers.

EDIT: piano still wins over all instruments, though.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Aug 22, 2010,
I was always impressed by my ex's guitar playing. Allthough what coreysmonster said pretty much sums it up. Girls are very impressed by piano. I think it all depends on which types of girl you're trying to impress.
Quote by CoreysMonster
it's the money and fame, not the musical abilities.

^this

when i pull out a guitar solo or some sweet riffs girls are more like "what is that shit" rather that "wow, im attracted to you because of your musical abilities".
Quote by sfaune92
I am a bassist. Women do not like bassists.

one of my ex's was actually a huge bassist lover. She always complained that I should play the bass guitar, because the low rumble was sexy for her.

Actually, I think women are least attracted to lead guitarists, now that I think about it.
Of course, unless you're rich and famous, but by attraction solely from the instrument, it's definately
1. Piano and good singer
2. Piano
3. Piano and bad singer
4. rythym guitarist and good singer.
5. lead singer
6. drummer
7. bassist
8. lead guitarists
They like drummers since they bang things the hardest, guitarists can use their fingers well, singers can use their throats and bassists can't do anything.
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
Quote by Fiddly Diddly69
They like drummers since they bang things the hardest, guitarists can use their fingers well, singers can use their throats and bassists can't do anything.

bassists can slap something ferocious. Plus, their sound rumbles and vibrates the body.
bear in mind people, that girls probably have another defenition of a good guitar player. you might think yngwie malmsteen is teh br00tal, i bet they're probably more into that whole sitting by the campfire playing hallelujah type of guitar.
Quote by sfaune92

unless you lemmy and you have(/had) woman hanging off you constanly. but i guess hes also a singer... hes hes not much of a looker though.
Quote by Fiddly Diddly69

sigged
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
from my experience:
Women do like all kinds of musicians, because they like interesting people. A musician has more to tell than a guy that watches TV all day. And seriously, I am a bassist, and I have slept with women that couldn't even tell what a bass looks like...
Quote by Fiddly Diddly69

bassists slap that clit like a clit commander...show that mahfucka who boss.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by vagelier
bear in mind people, that girls probably have another defenition of a good guitar player. you might think yngwie malmsteen is teh br00tal, i bet they're probably more into that whole sitting by the campfire playing hallelujah type of guitar.

when I used to busk, I'd play hallelujah and sing, and women would stop and clap all the time. but they stopped because of the singing, not the guitar playing.
a guy who can shred is not going to get near as much ass as a guy who can sing half decent and strum a few basic chords along with it.
a guy who can shred is not going to get near as much ass as a guy who can sing half decent and strum a few basic chords along with it.[/QUOTgod how SAD but TRUE
i gotta agree with coreysmonster about the busking shiz...

whenever I'm walking through the 'busker strip' in my city i only glance at the guys playing guitar but when someone who sings and plays I generally stick around, if it's a song I know I focus even more at them to see how they perform the song...

if they change up the melody of the vocals into something epic i usually cum.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Last edited by Teh Traineez0rz at Aug 22, 2010,
I've not had much experience, but I think if you just shred like nobodies business you're not gonna get much, but if you play something really beautiful they're more likely to flock towards you
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
Quote by sfaune92
I am a bassist. nobody likes bassists.

fixed.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by CoreysMonster
fixed.

Seriously, all girls I've EVER met prefer drummers to guitarists. Guitarists are geeky idiots who slave over their instruments all day long. Drummers are primordial muscular ape men who beat the shit out of things.

That's literally what I've heard from women before. Women like the whole "beating shit out of things" aspect of drummers.

EDIT: piano still wins over all instruments, though.

Steve Bryne says you're wrong. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4f1uJB0P-U
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Regardless of musical talent - if they're a cockface then I'm not interested. It's a nice thing for someone to be interested in though.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by sfaune92

Wants a word with you. Scott Pilgrim, too, but he's outside.
You could also try being a good person.
I'll play it and tell you what it is later.
-Miles Davis
Quote by Fiddly Diddly69

You know basses have bigger frets? That means: A good bassist have pretty mobile fingers

Quote by FlyinHigh26
You could also try being a good person.

I'm 18 and this has brought me no good. Might be my hideousness though.

Regardless of musical talent - if they're a cockface then I'm not interested. It's a nice thing for someone to be interested in though.
I think you're one of 0,000001% of females that actually thinks so...

Quote by the bartender
fixed.

At least capitalize the N...
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Aug 22, 2010,
Depends on the girl, just like every other ****ing "Do women like this" question out there.

For me personally, guitar always ends up as a conversation point, and they always want to hear me play. ****, my current girlfriend can whoop the shit out of me at acoustic playing, and I'm better than her at electric, so we jam, learn from each other. Some women like it, some women dont.

I tire of these threads ;_;

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

1. Get a dog
2. take it for a walk in a park
3.????
4. profit
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
its real. before this one gig, this band i was in was just breezing thru this girls birthday party and we didnt know anyone there. after we played, all the girls in teh place were on us like fudge on a sundae
Playing guitar's never got me any attention from females, from any angle, shredding, jazz, rock, matal, blues, campfire stuff, intricate acoustic stuff, females around me just aren't interested in musical talent.

But oh well. No skin off my back really, it'd be nice to be seen as interesting due to musical ability, but it doesn't matter too much...
Most of the attention I ever got because I played in a band was from girls that I really didn't care to go out with. They were basically airheads who were, like, "Oh, *you're* in a *ba-and*" la-di-da... They'd go off bragging to their friends how "my boyfriend is in a band" like it was some sort of status thing.

I'd sooner meet a girl in a library. At least I know she can read.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
I agree with corey. What is about a rhythm guitarist that's is more appealing than lead? And piano is the king of all instruments.
Quote by ryand111
1. Get a dog
2. take it for a walk in a park
3.????
4. profit

What kind could make an influence.
Impossible is just a word people say to make themselves feel better when they quit.
Vyse the Legend
It depends on the woman, obviously, and also the guitarist. If a guy is a socially retarded moron, but he plays guitar, he's still not gonna be getting any hot women.
Quote by sfaune92

Women bassists, however...

There's just something downright sexy about a woman laying down a sick bassline.