Every once on a while, if you're moving my laptop around, or tip it sideways, it locks up and makes a click-click-click-click noise that sounds a lot like the hard drive.

I just bought this refurbished ASUS laptop about 2 weeks ago.

What do you guys think, should I replace it before it wipes out all my data? Or just hope it goes away? (which does not seem to be happening...)
backup important stuff, clicking is almost always a sign about it giving up in the near future
Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave
Refurbished, so it has a year or so warranty? Just take it back now to be on the safe side, sometimes things will stay threatening for a while before finally giving out
delete the system32 folder

I have no idea about computers, but it sounds like theres something loose inside. This is probably not a good thing.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

Unless it's a solid state hard drive, then you should be very careful about moving it around and tipping it sideways. Hard drives are fairly tough and reliable when they are not powered on but as soon as the power is turned on they are extremely fragile.

I'd back your stuff up onto a new drive then treat it carefully.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

yeah it's worth taking it back in for a look, after all it is refurb'd.

i spilled beer into my asus two years ago a month after I bought it...

they quoted me $700 to fix the battery and keyboard...half the price of the damn thing.

my brother tried turning it back on a month later cause he was suffering lack of facebook...it worked only I have to use a keyboard to type and it has to be connected to the power source so I'm not mobile.

end rant fuck you asus.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Back up whatever you don't want to lose. My desktop is brand new, but I do it anyway.

Anyone that doesn't is a fool.
RIP Tom Searle.
take it back! my laptop died recently and it was an asus, as soon as I logged in it the laptop made that "clicky noise" and then went really slow. My disk drive was also screwed up as well.

So I took it to the computer repair place and they said it would cost 400 to fix the disk drive and another 300 for the hard drive. That's $700 in aussie currency which is more then what the laptop was worth.

It sucked.
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
Clicking noise = imminent failure.

Take it back and tell them it's about to die on you. I bought a portable hard disc 3 weeks ago, put all my media on it for it to make a very big grinding noise and die on me. I lost 250gb worth of music, videos, torrented downloads and pronz. I am not a happy bunny.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Quote by Antis0cial
backup important stuff, clicking is almost always a sign about it giving up in the near future

Your sig has a spelling error.

OT: yea, like everyone else, backup your data to an off computer source and stop moving your cursed laptop!
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Last edited by Deadlock Riff at Aug 22, 2010,
Quote by Fiddly Diddly69

So I took it to the computer repair place and they said it would cost 400 to fix the disk drive and another 300 for the hard drive. That's $700 in aussie currency which is more then what the laptop was worth.

It sucked.

lol there must be a minimum quote.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Ah yeah i guess i could take it back, but that seems like a lot of trouble/shipping charges. If I can put in a new hard drive for maybe $50 I think it might be worth it. Is there a good chance that would fix it for good, do you think?
Quote by MH400
Back up whatever you don't want to lose. My desktop is brand new, but I do it anyway.

Anyone that doesn't is a fool.

Then I'm a fool then. TS just back up the important things you need.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by geetarguy13
i'm in iowa and i got it from newegg

my suggestion is to go to an IT forum about the issue aswell...if the problem entails you shipping it off I suggest you get more credible advice.

yo.

I BELIEVE
^yeah i'm thinking it would be easier to just buy a new hard drive, but if thats not the actual problem... ehhh that's around 50 bucks i dont need to spend then...

i just read on google that it could be not getting enough power or something. but it very rarely occurs when i'm at my desk, it's only when it's in my lap josling around.
Quote by Deadlock Riff
Your sig has a spelling error.

OT: yea, like everyone else, backup your data to an off computer source and stop moving your cursed laptop!

Thanks, typo, didn't notice it.
Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave