So, i'm trying to learn Like Callisto To A Star In Heaven by Trivium, and when it comes to the fast downpicking in the verse, i can't keep up, and when i can keep up it's only for a few seconds. So does anyone have any advice, apart from using a metronome as i have been doing so for quite a while now, but my speed hasn't increased at all.
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
Just keep working at downpicking. Play a lick on the low E that requires downpicking and keep playing it until it goes fast.

And St.Anger sucks
Quote by Snowman388
Just keep working at downpicking. Play a lick on the low E that requires downpicking and keep playing it until it goes fast.

And St.Anger sucks

cheers, I'll try that.

Also it's all about opinion.
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSWolb3wO9o

do this, exactly how he says to do it, im afraid its not an over night solution but it will get you what you want.

remember to accent every 4th note, on the metronome click, thats like a money spot of that video, it really do help.

being told to ccent the 4th note was like opening pandoras box for me.

dont go up more than 10 beats a day, and be patient.

Oh!, and make sure you do a proper warm up first, paul guilberts right hand warm up with john petruccis stretches and massages is what i use.
Last edited by jkielq91 at Aug 22, 2010,
It's a mixture of stamina, strength and relaxation. You can work on the first two just sitting watching TV and downpicking. Reading forums? Downpick. Listening to music? Downpick?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSWolb3wO9o

do this, exactly how he says to do it, im afraid its not an over night solution but it will get you what you want.

remember to accent every 4th note, on the metronome click, thats like a money spot of that video, it really do help.

being told to ccent the 4th note was like opening pandoras box for me.

dont go up more than 10 beats a day, and be patient.

Oh!, and make sure you do a proper warm up first, paul guilberts right hand warm up with john petruccis stretches and massages is what i use.

I will definitely be using this, cheers .

It's a mixture of stamina, strength and relaxation. You can work on the first two just sitting watching TV and downpicking. Reading forums? Downpick. Listening to music? Downpick?

Thanks, that's a really good idea, i sometimes do this kind of thing to help my legato technique, it never occurred to me to do this with downpicking.
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.