If a shirt's buttons are on the left, does that mean that it's for women?

Page 1 of 2
I bought this shirt to wear to church yesterday from goodwill, and it turns out that the buttons are on the left, i realized this when i bought it but it still looked like it was for a guy.. i don't know,

is that rule like absolute, or do some shirt-making companies violate it sometimes?
That all depends... Is there a sandwich on the other side of the shirt...?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
It's a womens shirt. Men's shirts are sized by the neck size. Wear it. Does it really matter?
most types i wear are "one sided" as you might say (not a tee but buttons on one side, right side goes 75% but the left goes 25% etc)
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Last edited by Deadlock Riff at Aug 22, 2010,
Quote by unclebuck5
It's a womens shirt. Men's shirts are sized by the neck size. Wear it. Does it really matter?

besides that its hard as hell to button up, what if someone notices? ive just started going to this church and want to make a good impression..
lol wear it to church anyway...

then work your way through the wardrobe until you get to the skirt.

they'll never notice.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by geetarguy13
besides that its hard as hell to button up, what if someone notices? ive just started going to this church and want to make a good impression..

Who cares, I have a friend who wears women's clothes all the time, and he looks great in them. It's not like you'll burst into flame for wearing women's clothes in church.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by smartalec007
It's not like you'll burst into flame for wearing women's clothes in church.

or grow boobs due to the feminity (is that even a word??) of the shirt.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

Quote by Deadlock Riff
most shitys i wear are "one sided" as you might say (not a tee but buttons on one side, right side goes 75% but the left goes 25% etc)

Generally when I make a shitty, I leave it in the toilet and try not to wear it.
Guitar - The true Religion
Quote by AusMetal33
Generally when I make a shitty, I leave it in the toilet and try not to wear it.

i dont know how i made that typo i meant to say types.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

Pics of shirt?

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
jesus doesnt care what you look like or wear, so it shouldnt matter what youre wearing to church, or anywhere else. just sayin hahaha
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
I suggest going on the church's organ and playing a tritone multiple times to see what happens. Hope for fire. >
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG355OXM
Fender Mexican Deluxe Series Stratocaster
Fender Squire Bullet
Schecter Damien Elite 8
Yamaha F325 Acoustic

Amps
Peavey 5150 II Full stack
Peavey 2001 Studio Pro 112
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by smartalec007
Who cares, I have a friend who wears women's clothes all the time, and he looks great in them.

what the....
Quote by CemetaryGates90
jesus doesnt care what you look like or wear, so it shouldnt matter what youre wearing to church, or anywhere else. just sayin hahaha

Deuteronomy 22:5

"5 A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this."

Still, you can always argue that that no longer counts under the 'New Covenant' but if God really does 'detest' it as the Bible says, are you gonna risk it? In church?
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Aug 22, 2010,
Who the **** told you that. How random.

Blue laces on your sneakers indicate you're a transexual.
Meh, it doesn't really matter. I've always been confused by a jacket I have which has the zip on the left, which is weird to do up.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by metalblaster
Who the **** told you that. How random.

Blue laces on your sneakers indicate you're a transexual.

And a red pocket square means that you're a gay slut.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by SlackerBabbath

"5 A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this."

Still, you can always argue that that no longer counts under the 'New Covenant' but if God really does 'detest' it as the Bible says, are you gonna risk it? In church?

oh you
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
Never even heard of that "rule". Sounds so arbitrary though, I wouldn't worry about it
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you
Quote by smartalec007
And a red pocket square means that you're a gay slut.

Yeah, that one is true also. It's in the Bible.

It also says that if you drink red wine while watching a cat drink water you will most surely contract herpes 5 years from then and you will also win 7$ from a 7$ lottery scratch ticket; therefore giving you no profit.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

1 Corinthians 11:7 & 11:14-15

"7 A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man"
"14 Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, 15 but that if a woman has long hair it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering."

According to this, I've have been a disgrace to myself for several years! Admittedly this is according to Paul, not God, but some of the rules & ideas that the bible promotes (pre or post 'new covenant') can seem quite sexist sometimes.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by MopMaster
I've got a shirt here with pockets on BOTH sides... does that mean that when I wear it, I slowly approach a glorious equilibrium between man and woman?

no that just means you have terrible fashion sense.

he said buttons too.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by guitarxo
All of my shirts' buttons are on the right and I'm a girl

You're clearly harbouring very masculine characteristsics then.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
buttons on the left means it's intended for a woman. it's a holdover from when girls/women were dressed by maids.
Quote by MakinLattes
buttons on the left means it's intended for a woman. it's a holdover from when girls/women were dressed by maids.

Therefore if TS were to be dressed by maids it would be acceptable?
That mean you are Gay,and your lord ans Saviour will make you burn in hell for that how does that make you feel.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Whats is next? You goings to buy ladies' tampons like womans on her periods?

Last edited by -[NiL]- at Aug 22, 2010,
I know why a man's shirt's buttons should be on the right..... Wanna know?
doesn't have to be a blouse..

but yea it's a female piece of clothing. I can't remember the history behind this but it was apparently easier for maids to button up their 'lady's' clothing since the rich at the time were the only ones to afford clothing with buttons.

Men have it on the other side cause we do it ourselves and it was easier that way. or something about swords being in one hand.

I should look this up to confirm
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Quote by CemetaryGates90

Better yet you should just go back to goodwill and find a very old brown robe and wear that instead. See if people worship you.
Page 1 of 2