Quote by crazygnr1996

He's not going to pay $125 for a guitar strap; that's insane.

Fender makes a couple thin straps.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by Sleaze Disease
He's not going to pay $125 for a guitar strap; that's insane.

Fender makes a couple thin straps.

he asked what kind they used and thats the kind they used.
If your guitar is heavy, a thin strap may hurt you. (If you have, some shoulder strength you should be okay.) It's not a huge problem, just something you'll have to get used to.

Also I'd only say you really need straplocks if you try to pull crazy shit off (a la Janick Gers, Malmsteen) or if the strap comes off without any exaggerated movement.

Example. My HIII had the shittiest strap pins imaginable. The strap would come off without any exaggerated movement. I needed straplocks to ensure my baby's safety.

If you or someone you know is experiencing such problems buy a pack of straplocks and thank yourself later.
you could always do what dolly parton does on some of her guitars and just tie some string to the strap buttons. (my gf has a dolly parton calendar and the pic of this month is her playing a guitar but the strap is just a piece of string, that's how i know)
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Dempsey68
you could always do what dolly parton does on some of her guitars and just tie some string to the strap buttons. (my gf has a dolly parton calendar and the pic of this month is her playing a guitar but the strap is just a piece of string, that's how i know)

That sounds painful. I would not want that string sawing through my shoulder like a cheese cutter.
Fender 60th Anniv MIM Strat (SD Little 59er Br)
Agile AL-2000 Rootbeer Flame (GFS Vtg '59)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
GFS Chorus
DS-1
Quote by Dempsey68

Is Dolly playing an acoustic, by any chance?

People used to do that for acoustic guitars, but an electric is heavier, and thus, a string would be painful.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
I'm not sure how having a thinner strap will help an injury because it'll make the guitar heavier..
if your shoulder is hurting, a wider strap to spread out the weight is best.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Just buy a long rubber tiedown strap at a hardware store and affix it to your strap buttons by clamping the s-hooks around them. Worked fine for Peter Steele’s bass when he wasn’t using chains.
id look at banjo straps, their all real thin like that and you can just slide the little shoulder pad thing off before you put the strap on your guitar
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
Quote by conor1148
if your shoulder is hurting, a wider strap to spread out the weight is best.

Bingo.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
What guitar are you using, and is your injury serious? (Will it heal quickly or is it the kinda thing that will haunt you for years!)
If you compare a fender strat and a gibson les paul, the LP is a hell of a lot heavier. Having played fender style guitars all my life i thought my back was going to break when i first picked up a LP!!
If its a serious injury that you will feel for many years to come, then you may wish to look at alternative guitars. You may not get the sound you want, but at least you wont be doing your shoulder as much damage.