Quote by stykerwolf
yeah you can put a pedal before the amp, but it wont sound cool at all

And why wont it sound cool ? Also do I need two leads to use a pedal.
You can use pedals on every amp =/
Gear:
ESP LTD EC-401FM STB
Ibanez AR307
Bugera Infinium 333XL
London City Bulldog
Line 6 Pod HD 300
Digitech Digiverb
Wishlist:
Pedalboard
The Frontman is not a very well liked amp around here. Actually I think no one likes it lol. If you want a better sound. You should look at new amps.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
I feel like there should be a bare minimum of knowledge required to post here... *sigh*

Yes, you can use a pedal with that amp. You can use a pedal with any amp. Of course you will need two leads.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
you can but it will not sound that good, as the frontman isn't realy the best of amps
all amps will take pedals, solid state (except for something like a roland jazz chorus) and modeling amps tend not to take pedals well
Last edited by britishsligean at Aug 22, 2010,
Quote by TheTones

As already mentioned, you can use any pedal on any amp. You'll need a cable to go from the guitar to the pedal, and another to go from the pedal to the input on the amp.
Quote by TheTones

Yes you will need two leads. Also, it won't sound good because putting an effect through a solid state amp that already has built in effects anyway, outside of generally missing the point, won't have impact enough on the sound for it to be worth the cash
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
^ The frontman 15 has effects?
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Quote by SLonergan
I feel like there should be a bare minimum of knowledge required to post here... *sigh*

Yes, you can use a pedal with that amp. You can use a pedal with any amp. Of course you will need two leads.

Well sorry, I only usually use clean tones so I didn't have any knowledge of pedals as I didn't want nor need pedals at that time.
Quote by fantasyh
Yes you will need two leads. Also, it won't sound good because putting an effect through a solid state amp that already has built in effects anyway, outside of generally missing the point, won't have impact enough on the sound for it to be worth the cash

Aside of Generally missing the point ? I never knew that the Frontman 15g had ,delay, tremolo and wah wah
Quote by TheTones
Well sorry, I only usually use clean tones so I didn't have any knowledge of pedals as I didn't want nor need pedals at that time.

I don't think he was talking about you. A lot of us don't mind questions like this, it's the answers that get posted that sometimes make us wonder.
Quote by fantasyh

Says who? Even if the amp has those effects built-in, adding something else in the chain WILL have an effect.

Don't tell me that adding a distortion pedal in front of this amp won't have an effect.
Quote by KG6_Steven
I don't think he was talking about you. A lot of us don't mind questions like this, it's the answers that get posted that sometimes make us wonder.

Yeah, sorry. That was worded poorly.

Not directed at you TS...I'm not a fan of vague answers that don't do anything other than raise that user's post count.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Modulation pedals, wah, EQ's, delays, reverbs etc all will sound decent through the amp. Just don't try overdrives, boosts, fuzz and distortion.

Right thats good because there is already a very good distortion unit in-built to the amp .
Also can anyone reccomend any good effects pedals (excluding overdrive, fuzz and distortion) ?
any sound in particular you're looking for? Delays are always fun.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by MortifiedLizard
any sound in particular you're looking for? Delays are always fun.

In a Wah-Wah pedal the sound used in the background guitar during the riff in George Harrisons song Wah Wah, and the delay in Welcome to The Jungle Intro.