Oh guys after checking out the schematics and reading the postI finally finished the wiring, but I need your help once a again. I have another Agile that is bone stock and that one does not buzz as much as this one, may be because this one has Alnico II GFS pups and 50's wiring? I included a poorly drawn diagram on how I wired my guitar up, are there ground loops, any thing that I did wrong? The guitar sounds fine, but it does have a hint buzz, it goes away once the I touch any metal part on it. Don't all guitars, even humbucker equipped ones, do this at some point, you know..have a bit of buzz? Other than that everything works as it should!

NOTES ON THE DIAGRAM:
The GFS pups are of the 4 wire kind and one bare, the white and red are soldered to themselves and nothing else, this way the pups are in humbucker mode.

The green wire is soldered to the 3rd lug (counting from the top) of the volume pots.

Thanks

Last edited by LedZepFan2000 at Aug 22, 2010,
If the hum goes away when you touch the strings then you have a grounding problem. Make sure your bridge ground wire is making good contact with a conductive surface. In other words, if there is any finish or plating on your bridge, make sure to scrape away that finish before you solder the wire, allowing the ground wire to make contact with the actual metal of the bridge.

Edit: Also when wiring my guitars, I choose once point to tie all the grounds. In your diagram you have a ground on each individual pot. It shouldn't make a difference though as I've seen manufactures use multiple grounding points in a guitar before. Just looks a little neater with one ground point.

Here is a link to a proper diagram for your wiring - http://www.guitarelectronics.com/product/WD2HH3T22_00/Guitar-Diagram-Gibson-2-Humbuckers-2-Volumes-2-Tones-3-Way-Toggle-Switch-View-Download-Free
Last edited by Matt420740 at Aug 22, 2010,
Quote by LedZepFan2000
So there aren't any ground loops in my diagram?

Not that I see no.
Well you are in danger of a ground loop if running two pickups together but with such short runs it shouldn't cause any real problems.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
UPDATE: when checked for continuity I used the Ohm setting on the multimeter and touched one pot while touching the ground sleeve on the jack, I got some reading on all of them. This means that they are all connecting, in a way grounded right? I also touched the strings and the ground sleeve on the jack and it also gave me a reading..this is good right? If this was not grounded I would have gotten no reading at all.
Yes. Your meter is simply not accurate enough to pick the difference in a short piece of wire, we'd be talking in mᴒ.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Yes. Your meter is simply not accurate enough to pick the difference in a short piece of wire, we'd be talking in mᴒ.

Maybe this explains why it jumps up and slowly goes down to zero. So far to me it looks like it is grounded properly, right? perhaps since it is 50's wiring, it is a bit nosier? Ok now it stops that buzz in the background when I touch my amp and my laptop when running guitar rig
Last edited by LedZepFan2000 at Aug 22, 2010,
Jumping up and then dropping off slowly is a sign of capacitance. Try putting the meter across a capacitor and then quickly reverse the polarity of the leads (ie swap them over). You are seeing the effects of stored charge being discharged.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Ok according to my diagram

there are no ground loops..check
I get readings everywhere, to my knowledge, it can mean it is grounded properly (I may be wrong though)...check

there is a slight buzz when I am NOT touching the gutiar, once I touch any metal part it goes away, the buzz has increased a bit since I did the rewiring. Maybe this is just normal and just live with it? Or just rewire the whole again?
There is a ground loop but it shouldn't cause much of a problem. The pup switch isn't in your drawing. Do you not have one? If you get buzz when not touching it I'd try to improve the connection to the bridge.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Like I said earlier make sure there is no plating or finish on the bridge where you connect the ground wire.
There is a ground loop but it shouldn't cause much of a problem. The pup switch isn't in your drawing. Do you not have one? If you get buzz when not touching it I'd try to improve the connection to the bridge.

I do have one and I do get a buzz when not touching the metal part of it. I'll rewire it, and make sure everything is perfect and maybe even get some shielding tape...wonder if aluminum foil works too and build a cage around the cavity THIS should fix the problem, will update later.
UPDATE:

Cavity shielded..check
Rewired everything...check...
New quality caps and cables..check...

NO buzz no hum...nothing...even at obscene gain and volume levels, and my tone is back..woohoo!

Thanks guys for helping out!