Hi all, long time no see!

Since I've pretty much retired from the active musician standpoint, I've been building a studio. This is my first attempt at something I'm "proud of" (Mix wise) This song has my friend Gavin (from a band called The Oppressor) Doing vocals. The song is 5 years old and WOULD have went on the NEXT year of desolation record had that band not lost the great War.

Give me your thoughts on all of it song/mix/etc (yea i know the lyrics are juvenile, but hey, everyone gets mad ya know? haha)

Pathetic
Sounds massive but I think the guitars hog a bit too much space. The drum programming is a bit heavy-handed. I also think the snare sound is a bit weak (too much undersnare hiss going on there). Overall the mix has the drums a bit too low for my taste. Playing is very clean and tight which is a must for this kind of production. The guitar solo was a bit simplistic though, I had preferred something a more shred-oriented or a more composed solo with good melodic lines to contrast with the riffs/vocals.
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man."

- Huey Lewis & the News
Quote by ebon00
Sounds massive but I think the guitars hog a bit too much space.

really? haha, I wanted to turn em up lol

Quote by ebon00
The drum programming is a bit heavy-handed. I also think the snare sound is a bit weak (too much undersnare hiss going on there). Overall the mix has the drums a bit too low for my taste.

I could see the programming perhaps being a "little" over the top, but, to each their own I suppose. As far as the "hiss" on the snare, it's just a little underlying reverb to liven up the sound. (I liked it :P) Volume wise the drums might be able to go up like .5db but they'd bury everything else if I brought them up much more.

Quote by ebon00
Playing is very clean and tight which is a must for this kind of production. The guitar solo was a bit simplistic though, I had preferred something a more shred-oriented or a more composed solo with good melodic lines to contrast with the riffs/vocals.

Thanks for the kind words on the playing. The solo is/was simple on purpose. The next song I post will have some (what I would consider) "over the top" shredding melodies on it.

I'll take your critiques into consideration, thanks again for listening!