I know 10 string guitars exist, but is there one that's tuned EADGEADGBE (lower 4 being tuned to the bass octave)? I had the thought when I was thinking about doing acoustic stuff with my friend and being able to switch from playing bass lines to guitar stuff easily, since I play both.
Well I'm sure they make double necked guitars, one neck as a bass, the other as a 6 string guitar. But maybe I'm wrong.
-Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Deluxe
-1958 Korina Epiphone Explorer (w/ Seymour Duncan SH-4 & SH02n Pickups)
-Marshall AVT 150 Half Stack
-POD X3 Live Multi Effects Pedal
look up warr guitars, thats pretty much what they are. not sure if they do acoustics though
Quote by Iain.Peters
Guthrie Govan. 'nuff said.
It's not anything that I've heard of before. The closest to being able to play something close to bass and guitar would fall in the vein of a baritone guitar. Jerry Jones makes one that is tuned down to B; it has an extended scale. But even then you're not quite getting down to bass octave.

Perhaps looking into something like a chapman stick. I believe they go from bass octave all the way up to something close to guitar. Although its an entirely different beast than playing a guitar or bass, since its played entirely by hammer-on/tapping.
"Here I sit, beneath a lonely line."

~iband48's signature
the closest thing that comes to that. that i know of is narciso yepes guitar.

it was a 10 string classical guitar built as a custom for him.
Classical Guitarist