i am in the market for a budget delay pedal, and have been seriously looing at two, the Visual Sound Garagetone Axle Grease delay, and the Electro-Harmonix Memory toy. obviously one is digital, one is analog, but i don't really mind digital, but don't need 6 seconds of delay. i am looking at a pedal that could have Gilmourish delays, and about $70 - $100. just wanted to know if there is a tubescreamer of delays that it seems everyone must have.
"gilmourish."

you want an analog delay. MT is good for the price.

"tubescreamer of delays."

prolly the closest thing is an original delux memory man. i use a maxon ad999 and f'n LOVE it!
as GrisKy said, you are probably wanting an analog delay. you can probably pick up a used ad-9 or carbon copy in that range. i love my ad-9, and think it would work nicely for what you want. people on UG seem to prefer the carbon copy, but i dont like it as much. if you want one of the two you mentioned, i would go for the memory toy.
Quote by jof1029
as GrisKy said, you are probably wanting an analog delay. you can probably pick up a used ad-9 or carbon copy in that range. i love my ad-9, and think it would work nicely for what you want. people on UG seem to prefer the carbon copy, but i dont like it as much. if you want one of the two you mentioned, i would go for the memory toy.

I think a lot of the carbon copy love comes from the fact that it was the first widespread affordable analog delay to hit the shelves in quite a while. I found it very muddy IMO. plus, it's about $50 more expensive than the toy (atleast in my area).

I like the toy as a great, no-frills, good-sounding analog delay, and the price is right, but I agree 100% with the ad9. if you can find one on the cheap, that's a great buy!