Poll: What do you think about hardcore dancers?
Poll Options
View poll results: What do you think about hardcore dancers?
They look like idiots
265 74%
Dont mind them/dont care
80 22%
Hardcore dancing is awesome
15 4%
Voters: 360.
Page 1 of 4
What do you guys think of them? I was watching the BTBAM live DVD and sometimes I would see people Hardcore Dancing in the crowd, it really got me mad cause BTBAM is in no way a hardcore band.
Personally I think it only has its place at a hardcore show and nothing else. Seeing it at a metalcore or a thrash show is really, really stupid.
It helps me locate the douchebags quickly and efficiently. The same thing occurs with Tapout T-shirts.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
i think its beautiful
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
when i came in i thought it was about erotic dancers.

but on topic i could careless. Let people dance and do things their way, no reason you should pester or judge them on it.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
i'm sure they have a good reason for it.

whether they have fun while doing it or just let out steam to some great music is good enough for me.

if they leave you alone, leave them alone.

edit:

wish I could vote twice...it's clear to me they look stupid I just don't give a damn.

Quote by itchy guitar
It helps me locate the douchebags quickly and efficiently. The same thing occurs with Tapout T-shirts.

I lost my shit at this.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Last edited by Teh Traineez0rz at Aug 22, 2010,
It looks idiotic, always has, always will.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by a7xplayer
What do you guys think of them? I was watching the BTBAM live DVD and sometimes I would see people Hardcore Dancing in the crowd, it really got me mad cause BTBAM is in no way a hardcore band.
Personally I think it only has its place at a hardcore show and nothing else. Seeing it at a metalcore or a thrash show is really, really stupid.

...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Deadlock Riff
when i came in i thought it was about erotic dancers.

but on topic i could careless. Let people dance and do things their way, no reason you should pester or judge them on it.

lol careless

That spelling mistake was careless, amirite?

I've never been to a show ever, so I can't complain. But I've seen them at school once or twice, and they looked pretty ridiculous. Hell, I saw one doing all of those hand signals walking down the road, you know, the metalcore ones, and I thought he was yelling at traffic so I told him to stop doing that, you're just going to get punched.

Then he told me something about how I'm the exact person trying to keep everyone down and should stop being a slave..

Another reason to hate metalcore fans.
Quote by Todd Hart

there should be a rule that if your post consists of only the rolleyes smiley you get perma-banned
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
They look like ****ing morons. I was a local show last week, and I saw a couple of people hardcore dancing (I'd never actually seen anybody do it before in person) and it was just the most hilariously pathetic thing I'd ever seen.
Quote by severed-metal
Then he told me something about how I'm the exact person trying to keep everyone down and should stop being a slave..

I'm tempted to post the image of a certain fruit but I don't think it's a good idea, therefore: wut
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
I don't mind it until some little cocknugget puts his hands on me. If I'm not in the pit, don't even think about touching me.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']I don't mind it until some little cocknugget puts his hands on me. If I'm not in the pit, don't even think about touching me.

Couldn't agree more, the hardcore dancers in my city are assholes, I've even seen them jump out of the front of the pit (everyone is facing the stage, away from the pit) and punch people [including girls and old people] in the face.
It ruins shows for me because nobody wants to stand anywhere near the pit because they know their gonna get hit.
Eh. I find it obnoxious. I love moshing, that's fun and rarely dangerous, but hardcore dancing is neither of those things.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
I agree, ban people from dancing! In fact, ban music. No wait, ban everything! That'll stop the cheeky bastards from paying to go somewhere and enjoy themselves!
Don't care unless they kick/punch. If there's a good chance of getting rid of them, I intervene.
Quote by Todd Hart

Hardcore is an abbreviation of hardcore punk. Are you seriously willing to suggest BTBAM are a punk band?
Last edited by Craigo at Aug 22, 2010,
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']I don't mind it until some little cocknugget puts his hands on me. If I'm not in the pit, don't even think about touching me.
Kinda this.

Although they do look really stupid, and they do inevitably end up hitting/kicking people with their wild flailings.

There was a guy swinging his arm wildly in the pit at a Necrophagist show with a cast on. He ended up getting floored by one of the big dudes in the pit.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Quote by Khit
Couldn't agree more, the hardcore dancers in my city are assholes, I've even seen them jump out of the front of the pit (everyone is facing the stage, away from the pit) and punch people [including girls and old people] in the face.
It ruins shows for me because nobody wants to stand anywhere near the pit because they know their gonna get hit.

You don't live in Louisville, KY by any chance do you?

Quote by BeastlyBassist

There was a guy swinging his arm wildly in the pit at a Necrophagist show with a cast on. He ended up getting floored by one of the big dudes in the pit.

I was watching The Red Chord play, and one of the dancers hiptossed me. I never even saw it coming! I'll give him credit, he was looking pretty stout until I got up, gave him a legsweep and kicked him in the face.

Little bastard got me thrown out of the club.
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Aug 22, 2010,
Not as in original hardcore like hardcore-punk but btbam certainly fall under the genre of those whatever-core bands they are calling hardcore these days
Quote by stoo666
I agree, ban people from dancing! In fact, ban music. No wait, ban everything! That'll stop the cheeky bastards from paying to go somewhere and enjoy themselves!

Agreed, if they ruin the good times of others who pay to go to the same place and enjoy themselves and don't want any part of that nonsense.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Woo! They can flail their limbs around!
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
Quote by EyeHatePunks
Not as in original hardcore like hardcore-punk but btbam certainly fall under the genre of those whatever-core bands they are calling hardcore these days

If your only definition for hardcore is "bands with harsh vocals" then yeah, I guess you could call them that. I've always thought of them as more of a progressive metal band, though.
Quote by crazy8rgood
If your only definition for hardcore is "bands with harsh vocals" then yeah, I guess you could call them that. I've always thought of them as more of a progressive metal band, though.

No see, that's what they're trying to be. Cutting and pasting different sections of a song together doesn't make you prog.
It's really annoying to see them ever, but especially when they go to a band who isn't hardcore/metalcore/whateverdouchecore's show.

Although it is fun to guess how long it'll take before someone kicks their ass out of the pit when they try it in there
My band (who I'm contemplating leaving, musical taste differences) unfortunately attracts a lot of hardcore dancers, which has led to a lot of them being banned from one of the local venues we play often around here, as they tend to get violent and hit people with their stupid flailing, leading to fights and such. This means we're getting smaller crowds cause they cant resist the urge to have spastic fits.

We're a sort of metalcore/deathcore type band (which i cant stand, i just joined cause i like playing gigs tbh) but the crowd is what ruins it most for me. People often avoid our set from fear of getting punched in the face, be it intentional or not, which has led to my utter hatred of hardcore dancing. Headbanging and moshing is perfectly fine, but hardcore is just stupid and dangerous.
Last edited by mishax92 at Aug 22, 2010,
Quote by btones
No see, that's what they're trying to be. Cutting and pasting different sections of a song together doesn't make you prog.

I don't mean in the "progression of music, doing new stuff" definition, if that's what you think I'm talking about.

I mean in the other definition, the definition of prog that makes people think of really long songs that constantly change, and not sticking to one exact style, that's what BtBaM do.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Aug 22, 2010,
Quote by btones

Thank you, I'm really tired of people calling them prog.

They're pseudo-proggy metalcore really. Which is like prog's retarded cousin that happens to be obsessed with breakdowns
Quote by Craigo
Don't care unless they kick/punch. If there's a good chance of getting rid of them, I intervene.

Hardcore is an abbreviation of hardcore punk. Are you seriously willing to suggest BTBAM are a punk band?

No but I'm assuming Hardcore dance = moshing, pits etc just a bit more...hardcore (isn't it the shit where people flail their arms around and generally look like they're fending off a swarm of angry bees?), but that is in no way limited to hardcore music. There were mosh pits and crap at Prodigy and Pendulum, BTBAM are definitely the kind of band where hardcore dancing is to be expected.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Last edited by Todd Hart at Aug 22, 2010,
Don't mind them as long as none of their limbs collide with me. If they do we've got trouble

I used to hate it but considering the guy I have a thing for does it it's less annoying
Plus one of my best friends does and he's very much himself so eh whatever.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Page 1 of 4