Didn't find anything when searching for a specific place to put this and went about 5 pages back in the bass forum to look for an appropriate place, but didn't want to bring back a dead thread so I hope making a new thread is the appropriate action for this.

Anyway, I posted a video on Youtube showing the basics of sweep arpeggio's on the bass from my own learnings. It's in no way the end-all of sweeping, but I followed a lot of Frank Gambale's video's and watched a few Franck Hermanny vids and I think I have the most accessible way of approaching sweeping for a moderate/advanced player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g1f7Dx7Bmk

Please comment (either on here or the video) about what you liked, would like to see covered. If I have enough complaints about missing information and what-not, I'm completely OK with taking that video down and recording a new one.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
111 views and no comments. Thanks guys.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
It's a good instructional vid mate. It might have been a better idea not to use a six string for it. This might be a good video to incorporate into the FAQ.
Quote by King Of Suede

Do you really think we will all go watch it and comment? Most of the people may not have a youtube account and they're not going to make one just to comment on your video. And the worst thing you can do is complain that we don't do what you want. Get over yourself.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by Bassist Rising
Do you really think we will all go watch it and comment? Most of the people may not have a youtube account and they're not going to make one just to comment on your video. And the worst thing you can do is complain that we don't do what you want. Get over yourself.

I have to agree with this...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by King Of Suede

Whining will get you nowhere.
(The 111 views was in reference to the thread on here, not the video)
I'm just saying I was looking for some critiquing on the video.
And no, I didn't expect EVERY person to go watch it and comment, I'm just saying I expected AT LEAST 1 of the first 100 people to make a comment about it >.>

And thanks consecutive. I personally think sweeping is easier on a 6 string because of the spacing (I'm more used to it after playing one for 5 years) and sounds better because of the higher register and it the extended range adds the capability of 5/6 string sweeps (if I ever get there =P)
Also, I don't own a 4 string any more other than my upright sooz XD
Quote by Banjocal
Last edited by King Of Suede at Aug 23, 2010,