ok, so ive got a peavey 6505+ 112 combo and the spring reverb isnt working, even when its on 10.

someone on the forum told me that the lead from the tank might be lose, but i have no idea what hes on about and where the hell it would be, ive unscrewed the back off the amp but i cant get it off, lol, i dont know if its also glues on or what....help please.

thanks
They're simple units, probably only a loose wire, but the reverb on that amp is pretty meh anyways.

Edit . yes its on the bottom of the cab.
Last edited by Tempoe at Aug 22, 2010,
The reverb tank is bolted in the cabinet far away from the guts surely? I've never seen one inside the chassis before, that wouldn't make much sense. It should be near the speaker somewhere and nowhere near anything lethal.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
If it's like most spring reverbs, it should be under the speaker, mounted on the cab.
Should only take a screwdriver or wrench to get it out.
Also, pics of the inside of the back of the amp?
Quote by Cathbard
The reverb tank is bolted in the cabinet far away from the guts surely? I've never seen one inside the chassis before, that wouldn't make much sense. It should be near the speaker somewhere and nowhere near anything lethal.

right, so now i know ehre to look, but ive unscrewed the screws and i cant get the the back of the cabinate off, its stuck, any tips on how to remove it easily?
Look for a box, probably in a tolex bag, about 8" long or so with a cable going to it with two RCA plugs on the end. That lead is what you are looking for, normally colour coded red and white.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Sometimes its just a tight fit, pry it open with a flathead screwdriver
Quote by Cathbard

Really? If the tank was too close to the amp, would it cause a constant hum? Cause when I built my head out of my VK 112, I put the reverb tank in the head, so it's really close to the amp.

I also hear that the reverb tanks on Peavey amps are pretty shoddy.

Sorry to hijack thread for a question.
Quote by im_bored
Sometimes its just a tight fit, pry it open with a flathead screwdriver

tried that, and all i can see it doing is bending the wood, its stick solid, they cant have glued the thing together, could they?
Quote by ethan_hanus
Really? If the tank was too close to the amp, would it cause a constant hum? Cause when I built my head out of my VK 112, I put the reverb tank in the head, so it's really close to the amp.

I think he was just saying there no reason for it to be in the actual amp chassis, I don't think its a matter of distance. I have a valve king too, the reverb is just really noisy
I took mine apart when converting to a head. No glue in there that I recall. Just get a bit aggressive with it. Try two screwdrivers near corners at the same time, probably just swollen a bit.
Last edited by Tempoe at Aug 22, 2010,
Quote by ethan_hanus

The whole tank is shielded. What wouldn't make sense for it to be inside the chassis itself is just that it would take up a shitload of room for no good reason forcing all the other components to be too close together. It'd be loony.

Edit: TS, you don't need to take it out to check the connections. just look for where the cable to it terminates.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Aug 22, 2010,
Quote by rock rocks
tried that, and all i can see it doing is bending the wood, its stick solid, they cant have glued the thing together, could they?

Drive a screw into each corner hole only half-way and use them as posts to grab on to. If they don't grab in the holes, use bigger screws, or make a new holes.
well.....if my life depended on gettin the back off then im already dead.

ive tried all of your sujestions and it just aint budging, and if i force it too much i can hear wood splitting.

so it looks like im gonna have to try and find a decent tech or send it to peavey as the store i got it from has morons for employees.

thanks anyway guys, atleast now i know what a reverb tank is and where its usually located.