I've got the amp head/cab.... + I have in mind: behringer Ultra DI100 (direct box) / Firewire800 / Steven Slate drumkit software / Impulses / sm57 mic / and, of course a computer

would I need to utilize anything else to record??? although I really like my amp setup, so I suppose Impulses won't be nessissary?
Yeah. But the same can be said for DAR amps and other amps which use "weird" tubes...dammit I want a pair of KT120s..I might blow up my amp and burn my house down, but at least I'll go out in a blaze of glory
Quote by HomeRecording
why the di box?

lol. See this is funny becuase I had actually forgotten whi...maybe I should Google that too (on what these things are really for).. yeah real nooBee, I know
Yeah. But the same can be said for DAR amps and other amps which use "weird" tubes...dammit I want a pair of KT120s..I might blow up my amp and burn my house down, but at least I'll go out in a blaze of glory
do you have an interface
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
Yet again, ditch the DI and go for an audio interface such as the PreSonus Firestudio Mobile or M-Audio Fast Track Pro.

DI boxes take a guitar signal and split it to plug into an amp as well as make a balanced output of the XLR style to run long lengths to a snake or studio board. They are not commonly used just on their own for recording to a computer. If needed you can DI your guitar to most interfaces as they offer an instrument input so you can use amp and cab modeling software such as Guitar Rig.
Last edited by moody07747 at Aug 23, 2010,
Quote by hans the lefty
do you have an interface

I agree with the PreSonus Firestudio Mobile... but nothing right now
Last edited by C_majzer at Aug 23, 2010,
srry for the double post.

So a DAW (Digital audio workshop) isnot nessesary then?

Thanks a lot for the advise!
some interfaces come with the DAW but if you want to use others, prepare to spend money on ones worth working with.

Reaper (most popular for the price)
Sonar
Cubase
Audition (Common in radio studios)
Pro Tools (Requires expensive hardware)
does anyone know if the Cubase has an interface with it (is it a DAW and interface)???
do these interfaces or DAWs actually REPLACE the drum software and bass software??? cuz if not ,,, then I would be using the SSdrums3.5 ex library programming software AND Broomstick Bass programming software also... or is all that nessessary when using a DAW/interface???
DAW is your software, (sometimes called a sequencer)....things like Sonar, Cubase, and Audition are examples.

The Interface is the hardware you connect your gear all into...examples:
PreSonus Firestudio Mobile
PreSonus Firestudio Project
M-Audio Fast Track Pro

Sequencers may come with some VST instruments which give you the ability to trigger the sampled sounds via MIDI data or MIDI controllers however you only usually find features like this on high end software such as Sonar 8.5 Producer or Studio.

Read up on this guide, it will get you started on the right path....it really has helped me a lot though the years.
http://www.tweakheadz.com/guide.htm
Last edited by moody07747 at Aug 24, 2010,
the DI will be great for bass guitar. Tune up your pc and you have a decent rig. What DAW are you using?
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Quote by fastlanestoner
the DI will be great for bass guitar. Tune up your pc and you have a decent rig. What DAW are you using?

I won't be using an actually bass..but rather just the programming software to substitute for that... and the DAW I plan on using is Cubase 8.5 studio (as long as I can use this without having to use a previous version of it 1st, like - studio 6, or 7...I mean I hope I can just use the 8.5 right out of the box ).