Can anyone recommend a good cable for that price?

I would prefer a straight to angled cable.

How are Venom cables?

Can you recommend one for guitar and bass?

Thanks, Morson
If you have soldering skills, consider making your own. It's a lot cheaper, you have an assurance of quality (if you're any good at soldering) and you can make it whatever length you want.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
my dad has made cables for his hifi, and i have soldered my guitars.
where would i obtain parts?
Not sure what the shipping costs are in England, but I've gotten my parts from Thomann. Might be better to find something local, an electronics store or something.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Sure.

I use these plugs, very solid and pretty easy to solder: http://www.thomann.de/gb/thomann_sk128_klinke_stecker.htm

Cable is really up to you. Generally, higher price = better: http://www.thomann.de/gb/cat.html?gf=instrument_cables_cables&oa=pra

I actually once used stereo microphone cable and twisted the two hot leads together. Those were mainly for line level though and I'm not sure if they're suitable for instrument cable. they were the cheapest way to get color coded cables.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Generally it's fairly widely accepted that Van Damme is the best quality cable, and Neutrik are the best quality connectors.

Not trying to advertise or anything but some guys in the classifieds forum are selling some ready made van damme/neutrik guitar cables. It's probably worth a look, as I learned from experience, unless you're buying in bulk it doesn't really work out cheaper to make your own cables.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
KaBL
I've actually not tried them, but they are supposed to be very good.
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
^ ditto. or award session, but they kinda self-destructed their image on that musicradar thread
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
That's why I didn't recommend them
I wonder if it actually was Award Session, or it was a very clever and dishonest competitor. It's almost hard to believe that the company would make posts like that on a popular guitar forum without even thinking that it might lose them a bit of business.
Call me Cahum.

Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
^link?

Sommer has a pretty good rep. I've been using Schulz for years now, they weren't too expensive and never crapped out on me.

EDIT: Klotz is nice, too.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Aug 23, 2010,
Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS
That's why I didn't recommend them
I wonder if it actually was Award Session, or it was a very clever and dishonest competitor. It's almost hard to believe that the company would make posts like that on a popular guitar forum without even thinking that it might lose them a bit of business.

yeah, that's what I was thinking too
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah. what's particularly funny is that, before they posted, a bunch of people had risen to award session's defence. Once AS (ok, allegedly AS) posted, most of those people swore never to buy from AS ever again.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm currently using Venom cables, and they're pretty darn good. They're fairly cheap as well, so you can pick up a bunch of them. If you want.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah. what's particularly funny is that, before they posted, a bunch of people had risen to award session's defence. Once AS (ok, allegedly AS) posted, most of those people swore never to buy from AS ever again.
Myself included, just in case it really is Award Session. It's a good excuse to try out KaBL anyway
Call me Cahum.

Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
I don't mind Planet Waves cables, but give a go at making some yourself TS.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS
Myself included, just in case it really is Award Session. It's a good excuse to try out KaBL anyway

yeah, same here. I was going to try kabl before that thing happened anyway (as supposedly the klotz ac110/la grange is better than van damme), but as you say, this is a good excuse. I just have to get round to it, lol.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, same here. I was going to try kabl before that thing happened anyway (as supposedly the klotz ac110/la grange is better than van damme), but as you say, this is a good excuse. I just have to get round to it, lol.

Yeah, I heard that. Doubt I'll be able to tell the difference though since they're both good cables
Call me Cahum.

Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
i guess it depends on the difference. I heard the difference going from planet waves to cleartone... not sure how big a difference in capacitance per metre they were, though. looking at the specs there's a noticeable difference between the klotz and van damme, so i guess you might hear it.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?