is it wise to use the bright sound k100 to compliment the dark sound of the vintage 30...actually i was considering the vintage 40w from the 212 Bugera Vintage cab??? (i know the k100's are 100w ea. and thats a big difference from the 40w spkr, but I was hoping that this combination would be better than using just a cabinet with one type of speaker).
Yeah. But the same can be said for DAR amps and other amps which use "weird" tubes...dammit I want a pair of KT120s..I might blow up my amp and burn my house down, but at least I'll go out in a blaze of glory
i don't agree with the descriptions of the speakers, but many people like matching those speakers.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
i don't agree with the descriptions of the speakers, but many people like matching those speakers.

well said.

X'ing V30's with 100w'ers has become the new V30/75w'er.

...but black is still the new black
black as 'smell the glove', doesn't get any more black. that is why black will always be the new black. V30's and K-100's are popular though, they do give that new metal sound

"darkness (black) is not the opposite of light, it's the absence of light"

-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Aug 22, 2010,
Quote by gumbilicious
black as 'smell the glove', doesn't get any more black. that is why black will always be the new black. V30's and K-100's are popular though, they do give that new metal sound

"darkness (black) is not the opposite of light, it's the absence of light"

very intellectual... thanx a lot! That's what I meant really, but I couldn't find the wording for it, lol, and yeah a "new-day" metal tone was what I was aiming for.
Yeah. But the same can be said for DAR amps and other amps which use "weird" tubes...dammit I want a pair of KT120s..I might blow up my amp and burn my house down, but at least I'll go out in a blaze of glory
yeah, that was pretty slick. got it off a beastie boys song...

i mean Descartes? too late, damn it

-ae
goddamit Gum...

you're my favorite UGer. Including myself.

...and I think a lot of myself.

EDIT: good catch Ippon, the g12k100 is all about great low end. I think that's what Gum meant by not agreeing with the discriptions.
Last edited by GrisKy at Aug 22, 2010,
Quote by Ippon
This speaker is best known for its massive Low-end and Mid-range attack! Its Treble is very tame.

i gotta agree with grisk on this one, that is better than i could have said it. i characterize the K-100 more as a stiff sound, it tames high gain and handles more low end than it should without muddying up. the cleans are a bit sterile, the punch/attack is great for wide range of applications, more thump than a V30 imo. i like the K more because it doesn't have the harsh mids the V30 has, instead it has sound that sits in the mix a bit more subtly while filling more space somehow at the same time. the K is also a much better speaker for a modeling/multi-effects imo, the characteristics of the modeler like the more sterile tones of the K.

imo, the V30 is more for a wide range of half-ass tones, that is high wattage, stands out in a mix more, adds a bit of color, is pretty damn responsive for a higher wattage speaker

the K-100 is more dedicated to it's characteristics, higher wattage handling, more even sounding to the point of sterility, will not get overwhelmed, can even tame a high gain tone. i run a k-100 when i want even response (across frequencies and volumes), am running high gain, and ESPECIALLY if i slack tune

edit
Quote by GrisKy
goddamit Gum...

you're my favorite UGer. Including myself.

...and I think a lot of myself.

i am not actually going to throw that into my sig... yet... i think i am gonna store it somewhere on my profile and throw it up occasionally.

shit grisk, you made me blush.

btw, you get no play here

-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Aug 23, 2010,
then everyone will know i let people touch my 'tangilbles' with just a little sweet talk...

oh, actually i am a man, and i my tangibles are touch-friendly sooo...

-ae