So first things first. I live in Peru. Music here has never been such a big deal but that's mainly because everyone writes the same crappy stuff and in spanish so its twice as difficult for them to make it big. I love music but I feel like I'm missing many tools to express myself through music. So I wanna study music. Here (I dunno about abroad) musical studies take around 4 years and one of the best universities in the country has just opened up the career of Music.

Thing is my parents don't wanna pay for it. They say I'll starve to death or live in a sh*thole if I study music (mainly because all musicians here suck, but don't starve though, and so I have no point of reference to prove them wrong). So my solution was to study this kinda short career of Music, and when I finish and have the tools I need I could go on and study Economy, which is what I'm studying now (that I don't like but it's one of the only two careers my parents would pay), to get a stable career and be able to develop myself musically without being pressed by work. I think it's the most plausible solution and that that way we would all be truly happy (me and my family).

Then I mentioned the idea to my parents and they said it was nonsense and that they wouldn't pay 2 careers for me cause they can't. I know they can, it would only be much more difficult. I've been trying to state how happy it would make me but it doesn't work. So yeah, you guys have any idea as to how to convince them?

Also some examples of Peruvian bands (so you can judge for yourselves):
Adammo
Buraco
Fico Wiese
Current Gear:
Peavey Zodiac DE Scorpio (Bass)
Yamaha RBX-170 (Bass)
Boss ODB-3 (Overdrive Pedal)
Line 6 LowDown 150 (Amp)
Do both at the same time perhaps?
Also inb4 electrical engineering so you can make your own amps lolololol.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
@damian_91: the issue they usually mention is money so I don't think that would do the trick
Current Gear:
Yamaha RBX-170 (Bass)
Line 6 LowDown 150 (Amp)
You seem selfish. If you want to take two careers do the one your parents will pay first. After you can take out some loans and get your music degree if that's what you really want to do.
Quote by Silveroon009
@damian_91: the issue they usually mention is money so I don't think that would do the trick

Wait, so we are not talking about studying in a public university? You could then consider that.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Get a ****in job and pay for it yourself,jeez.
If you could reason with religious people,there would be no religious people.
They might have the money, but paying for two courses still isn't cheap, what will it leave them with? I know it sucks donkey ****, but they probably are talking sense.

It might be best to find a more affordable way of furthering your knowledge. Free sites like this one have some really useful stuff on them. How about finding a subscription site and seeing if they'll pay for that instead?
But Spanish is awesome - Immortal Technique's rapping wouldn't be half as interesting if it was all in English.
signature
Quote by damian_91
Wait, so we are not talking about studying in a public university? You could then consider that.

I think you'll be surprised to learn that here there's only one public university and its only for engineers and architects.
Current Gear:
Yamaha RBX-170 (Bass)
Line 6 LowDown 150 (Amp)
Quote by Silveroon009
I think you'll be surprised to learn that here there's only one public university and its only for engineers and architects.

Then you could go study abroad.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
Selfish prick. Study music and figure out how to pay for it yourself, or study what your parents want you to study if they're the ones paying. Don't act entitled because you think parents have to pay for your education.
If you don't like economics, don't fucking study it. Do you really want to pursue a career you have no passion for? It sounds boring as hell. Get a job and pay for your own education so you can do what you want.