hey guys, i recently have gotten a chance to get a gibson guitar and i was wondering what model and is it rare? it's and SG with just gibson on the headstock and it has two single coil pups and a tremelo system which im not familiar with. oh, and it has weird tuners that i've never seen on a gibson. oh, and i believe it's quite old, too.

http://www.wutzdog-guitars.de/inventory/inventory-details/article/1969-gibson-melody-maker/
basically it's that but im not quite what it should go for. i've never seen anything like this before.

also, my great uncle found his vintage flying v from the 50s and wanted to pass it down to me because apparently i'm the only one in the family that plays. anyways i guess it's all original parts and never played really. does anyone have an idea what these are worth, too? i'd be honored if he gave it to me and i'd never think of selling it, but i imagine they are worth a pretty penny, no?
An original V from the 50's is worth far more than you are, and trust me, that's a compliment
Starting Weight: 310, 38.8% Body fat (11/2008, pic in profile)
Latest Weigh in 230.2 14.3% Body fat (4/13/2013)

Pro life, pro gun, health nut, Christian and conservative. I make no apologies if what I say pisses anybody off.
Quote by MetalMike676
An original V from the 50's is worth far more than you are, and trust me, that's a compliment

sadly i'm sure it is.
Quote by schism8
sadly i'm sure it is.

Haha, don't take it too serious fella, my guitars are definetley worth than i am.

Honestly though, a 50's V is even more rare than 50's Les Paul's, you got yourself a real gem there
Starting Weight: 310, 38.8% Body fat (11/2008, pic in profile)
Latest Weigh in 230.2 14.3% Body fat (4/13/2013)

Pro life, pro gun, health nut, Christian and conservative. I make no apologies if what I say pisses anybody off.