So, I'm looking to add a second bass to my collection, and I ran across a picture of an Eastwood Hi-Flyer bass, and wow, those are purty. I've never played a short-scale bass though; what are the differences(besides the obvious 4 inches of space)? I'm also looking into an Agile; has anybody had a chance to try them out? I've heard mixed things about their electric guitars, but nothing on their basses.

And finally, I've been toying with the idea of getting a trem system for the P-bass clone I've already got. Can anybody recommend a good one? I honestly have no idea how to tell what kind of bridge I have, so I don't know exactly what I should be looking at or what I'm getting myself into.
I am a huge fan of everything rondomusic is doing and I would recommend atleast giving one a shot.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Quote by BrokenDstring
I am a huge fan of everything rondomusic is doing and I would recommend atleast giving one a shot.

Yeah? Do you have any preference on the SX vs the Douglas brands from them? I actually just noticed there aren't any actual Agile basses.
SX is the one that gets the most buzz(buzz as in talk, not as in fret buzz). also they have a rather sexy 6 string jazz up for 160 last I checked.
no sir away a papaya war is on
^ Hipshot makes one too, but the Kahler is more common.

TS, the SX and Douglas lines get great reviews and comments, and the customer service from Rondo is supposed to be top notch. As for short scale basses, they just have a different feel, and a slightly different tone. If you want to try one, the more commonly found ones are the Fender Mustang, the Squier Bronco, and the Epiphone EB0.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
From my personal experience, with their guitars (yeah I'm not really a bassist, I just have one for sh¡ts)...anyways with their guitars SX has a slight edge on the Douglas stuff. If they're cranking out bass guitars that are anything like their electrics you will be happy. I let my buddy borrow my 6 string SX strat copy and he just messaged me and wants it badly. They are sexy and play great.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Sweet, I'll have to pick up a short scale bass next time I'm in a store and see how I like the feel. And I'll look into the SX basses, thanks.