> Roland Micro Cube 5W
> Peavey Vypyr 30W
*A Video Camera w/ tripod
*Studio Monitor (1)
*One acoustic, two electric guitars.
*Acoustic piano
*150$ Headphone

Now. for recording purposes <Electric Guitar>
Would it suit me better if I purchased the Line 6 UX2, or any other recording equipment around that price range (under 250)

Or a Mic..

I have no idea. so. what do I get ?
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX Electric Guitar With DiMarzio Tone Zone
Academy Electric Guitar
BeaverCreek Acoustic Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey Sanpera Footswitch I
Last edited by whoahesgood at Aug 22, 2010,
I have an UX2 and its legit dude. It works pretty good. Plus, you can always get a mic later to hook it up to the UX2.
Which would produce a better sound quality overall.
a Mic under 200
or UX2 :O
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX Electric Guitar With DiMarzio Tone Zone
Academy Electric Guitar
BeaverCreek Acoustic Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey Sanpera Footswitch I
I would say probably the UX2. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though. I can get a very close tone to the setup I have on it, and if i don't get the exact tone i want i always mic it.

So I would just get the UX2 now and get a mic later because you'll probably still want one for other purposes too.

Oh and I like your "ghetto studio" i have one too!
You would need an interface to run a mic into anyway, and the UX1 and UX2 are probably the best cheap interfaces in that price range. If you are only planning on recording seperate instruments at a time why not get a used UX1 and a decent mic as well? Then you have the option of recording direct and of mic'ing.
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
You're going to need both. I'd recommend the UX2 over the UX1 because it has phantom power.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I was looking at the UX1 and US2, however then I came across the M-Audio Fast Track and Fast Track Pro and did a bit of research and, long story short, there's a Fast Track Pro with a SM57 on its way to me as we speak. You should check those out.