I hear that these are (to most ppl) actually agree that these att.'s are better than both the THD's and Weber Mass att.'s.... cool,,, anyways where could I find one??

AND - ONE MORE QUESTION -

if my guitar amp head's wattage is: 50w mono or 100w stereo & Im only using ONE cab, BUT I would prolly need 2 attenuators (cuz of my living quarters and the other for small gigs) would a 50w be needed for small gigs or 100w attenuator?? THEN: the company's website suggested 10w att. for a low-vol/at home recording situation ...confusing becuase its for a higher-wattage head.. so would 10watts for an attenuator really work for a 50 or 100w head??

Thanks in advance!
Yeah. But the same can be said for DAR amps and other amps which use "weird" tubes...dammit I want a pair of KT120s..I might blow up my amp and burn my house down, but at least I'll go out in a blaze of glory
DO YOU HAVE EYES? IT CLEARLY SAYS ON THE SITE
"This section of the website is currently under construction. We are working on providing you with the option of purchasing Ho's products and inventory online.

In the mean time, the following products are currently being sold in-store:

HO'S Products:
- HO's Tone Enhancer
- HO's Head Switcher
- HO's Tube Amp
- HO's Attenuator"

so atm the only place to buy one is in Vancouver. You will need one attenuator per head you use, and each one has to equal or exceed the wattage of the head. 50w head = 50 or 100w attenuator. 100w head = 100w attenuator.
There's always eBay...

^ It should be at least 1.5x the wattage of the head just to be safe.

That means ~100W (don't know of any 75W attenuators) for the 50 watter and 150W-200W for the 100W amp.

You can accomplish the same thing a Ho/UA does with a Weber Mass and a Crate Powerblock for substantially less.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
There's always eBay...

^ It should be at least 1.5x the wattage of the head just to be safe.

That means ~100W (don't know of any 75W attenuators) for the 50 watter and 150W-200W for the 100W amp.

You can accomplish the same thing a Ho/UA does with a Weber Mass and a Crate Powerblock for substantially less.

this, all of this, BUT...

the UA has been measured at up to 30ohm!!!
I'm no EE or anything, but I did spend half an hour on the phone with Tim at Faustine Amps yesterday, and that's some bad JuJu!

TS, if you check the reviews of the UA, there's a recurring pattern of people who tried one, it sucked, and at some point tried another and it was awesome.
...and yes, the awesome ones are better than either THD's hot plate or (forgive me lord) Weber's MA.

Not to plug or anything, but check out the Faustine "Phantom" attenuator. Expensive. Worth it.
Quote by GrisKy
this, all of this, BUT...

the UA has been measured at up to 30ohm!!!
I'm no EE or anything, but I did spend half an hour on the phone with Tim at Faustine Amps yesterday, and that's some bad JuJu!

TS, if you check the reviews of the UA, there's a recurring pattern of people who tried one, it sucked, and at some point tried another and it was awesome.
...and yes, the awesome ones are better than either THD's hot plate or (forgive me lord) Weber's MA.

Not to plug or anything, but check out the Faustine "Phantom" attenuator. Expensive. Worth it.

Another option is the Alex Attenuator made by 908ssp on the Gear Page.

It's basically a Faustine but with 3db/click instead of 2db/click and a larger footprint.

$360 shipped.

And agreed on the Weber MASS. It's really only good as a loadbox because its DI is pretty good.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Last edited by bubb_tubbs at Aug 23, 2010,
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Another option is the Alex Attenuator made by 908ssp on the Gear Page.

It's basically a Faustine but with 3db/click instead of 2db/click and a larger footprint.

$360 shipped.

excellent point, forgot all about that thing.

...there's 1 more on the short list of great attenuators, starts with an "A," but I've been drinkiling heavily lately right now and can't think of it.

oh well.

EDIT: "acorn" something??? or something like that?
Last edited by GrisKy at Aug 23, 2010,
^ The Aracom Power Rox PRX 150.

I just ordered an Aracom.... expecting it in about a month. The deciding factor for me on it was the switchable impedance. Also it's a bit cheaper than the Phantom.
I have a huge fear if rays.
thanks BT, yup, that's the one.

Chris, there's a Phantom model that has switchable impedance as well, but can't argue with saving a buck.
Ah really? Well I would've ended up choosing the Aracom for the lower price anyway

I just couldn't find that info on the Phantoms page quickly enough I guess
I have a huge fear if rays.
thanks a ton!
but i figured it would be cheaper to go with a separate pre amp (Engl e530) + Carvin TS-100 power amp (considering my speakers are celestion alnico gold 50w ea.) in a 2x12 (so 100w total for the cab) but these speakers are 8 ohms each...does this mean a 16 ohm "head" (or power amp) is needed??

That being said, is this correct: a power amp that is 100w/16ohm, thus needing a 100w or 150w attenuator???

(I would like to change the preamp tubes to two JJ6L6GC's - for the record, jus sayin)

Thanks again!
Yeah. But the same can be said for DAR amps and other amps which use "weird" tubes...dammit I want a pair of KT120s..I might blow up my amp and burn my house down, but at least I'll go out in a blaze of glory
Last edited by C_majzer at Aug 23, 2010,
Quote by C_majzer
thanks a ton!
but i figured it would be cheaper to go with a separate pre amp (Engl e530) + Carvin TS-100 power amp (considering my speakers are celestion alnico gold 50w ea.) in a 2x12 (so 100w total for the cab) but these speakers are 8 ohms each...does this mean a 16 ohm "head" (or power amp) is needed??

That being said, is this correct: a power amp that is 100w/16ohm, thus needing a 100w or 150w attenuator???

(I would like to change the preamp tubes to two JJ6L6GC's - for the record, jus sayin)

Thanks again!

ok ok...theres no such thing as a 16ohm head... where would someone find one of these attenuators (Alex's att. to be specific)??? They're really hard to find haha
You'd find it by signing up to The Gear Page and sending 908ssp a private message concerning the purchase of one of his units.