So about a year ago I started writing some music with my acoustic guitar, and started jamming with my best friend who I've known since 1st grade. He picked up drums really quickly from playing Rock Band. Anyway, since him and I formed our duo he's become a complete jerk off. Everything irritates him, he's disrespectful to everyone including me, he has no motivation to do anything in life, and I am seriously concerned that when we start doing shows with our band that he'll puss out because he doesn't want to take the effort to do it. He's a great drummer, and his style fits my music perfectly! But how do I tell my best friend(who I live in an apartment with), that he's an ass hole and needs to change his ways before we record our first demo - in case he says no and I need to find another drummer?
Uh. Too heavy for the pit.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by Mudmen190
Just love him.

In the bum.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

This is the kind of question you'd find in the celebrity advice columns of Revolver.
I don't always post in the threads but when I do its random and pointless because I'm ignorant enough to think you care.
Quote by xVyKariousx
But how do I tell my best friend(who I live in an apartment with), that he's an ass hole and needs to change his ways before we record our first demo - in case he says no and I need to find another drummer?

There you go.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Tell him to shut the **** up because you can easily replace him with this:

Then proceed to tell him all the pros of having a drum machine instead of him.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Tell him to shut the **** up because you can easily replace him with this:

Then proceed to tell him all the pros of having a drum machine instead of him.

One day there will be no bands with people. Just machines.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Gorelord666

In the future all bands will look the one in the movie Tron.
I don't always post in the threads but when I do its random and pointless because I'm ignorant enough to think you care.
Quote by Gorelord666

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2JChnwv2Ws

Where is our god now :c.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Quote by TheBigProjekt

Oh god. All hope is gone.

Quote by Portuguese_boy
Pfft.
Now these are real robots
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvrva8NoMLM

Those guys are funny.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Last edited by Gorelord666 at Aug 22, 2010,
Quote by Braiton
Inb4 Surprise Buttsecks.

It's the pit. Oh yeah.

Too late.
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
Thats drummers dude. Have never been in a band with a drummer that's talented, motivated and reliable.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Basically tell him what you said in your first post. He might get mad, it might be awkward for you two for a minute. If he's a friend or drummer worth having, he won't stay mad for too long, and he'll get his shit together.

This is why I would never start a band with good friends though. If you're going to keep him in the band, I advise you to let go of the history you have together, because it's only going to tear you apart that much more.
Quote by Luke200420
This is the kind of question you'd find in the celebrity advice columns of Revolver.

And then Vinnie (who is totally real and not someone pretending to be him) will tell him to become a stripper and drink way too much alcohol. With excessive amounts of exclamation points.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Here's what ya gotta do shawty. Keep Leton dem boi keep ya frizzled ya gun have to Teesch dem kee a lesson in strai Hood shi ya Digg?

NA I dun kno how long he gun kee eey up like dees so make sure dem boi lern day lesson fast, shawty.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
TS make your drummer choke on someone elses vomit.
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
Just straight up confront him about that problem, its just gonna hold you back unless you do something about it now.
Isn't there a complaint thread for douche drummers somewhere?

I dont think we can help you, TS.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
You live together, yeah?
Tell him you're going to walk around your flat in the nude unless he gets his act together.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Find a new drummer.

Now enough of this silliness. Lets get back to telling fart jokes.
They key is to act like a bigger douche than him. To the point where he's bothered. That way it becomes his problem too and he'll take shit more seriously.
Quote by xVyKariousx
So about a year ago I started writing some music with my acoustic guitar, and started jamming with my best friend who I've known since 1st grade. He picked up drums really quickly from playing Rock Band. Anyway, since him and I formed our duo he's become a complete jerk off. Everything irritates him, he's disrespectful to everyone including me, he has no motivation to do anything in life, and I am seriously concerned that when we start doing shows with our band that he'll puss out because he doesn't want to take the effort to do it. He's a great drummer, and his style fits my music perfectly! But how do I tell my best friend(who I live in an apartment with), that he's an ass hole and needs to change his ways before we record our first demo - in case he says no and I need to find another drummer?

lmao good luck

Quote by Phazon
They key is to act like a bigger douche than him. To the point where he's bothered. That way it becomes his problem too and he'll take shit more seriously.

When has this worked? What will happen is he'll just victimize himself more because you're actually being a dick to him. He'll just turn it around back on you, and it'll be more about you being a dick than any actual issue. Plus he's living with the dude, it'll just be constant shit.

Just accept that fact that you won't be able to be in a band with your best friend from first grade and move on. You can't change him. It's going to be hard to deal with, but it's what it is. Tell him that he's not doing what he's supposed to do and you're replacing him, but you can still be friends and live in the same apartment. Give him no other options than that and never let him back in the band. Be honest about how you need someone who's dedicated and he isn't it. Hopefully he'll understand and you all can live together and you can do what you want musically.
Ever considered that something is bothering him?

Losing motivation to do absolutely anything and being easily irritated are signs of depression.

</srsfag>
Quote by xVyKariousx
He picked up drums really quickly from playing Rock Band. Anyway, since him and I formed our duo he's become a complete jerk off.

And what part of this problem did you not see coming???
Quote by Nelsean
Here's what ya gotta do shawty. Keep Leton dem boi keep ya frizzled ya gun have to Teesch dem kee a lesson in strai Hood shi ya Digg?

NA I dun kno how long he gun kee eey up like dees so make sure dem boi lern day lesson fast, shawty.

Shawty is usually used to describe women.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.