Ok i want to record using my mesa rectoverb whats the best way to go about this?
Ive never given any thought to recording other than using my camera or my phone which pretty much sounds like shit.
Dont want to spend hundreds on equipment just looking for a cheap setup thanks.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
have you checked the resource thread? you'll find lots of info in there and in the links it provides. i would look around in there first, then come ask us about specifics.
A cheap setup will sound cheap.

If you want to record that Mesa, you'll want to use a mic and some type of recorder. I'd recommend using a Shure SM57 or 58. For the recorder, you might want to consider a USB interface for your PC. You can find some less expensive ones on Musicians Friend.
Quote by KG6_Steven
A cheap setup will sound cheap.

If you want to record that Mesa, you'll want to use a mic and some type of recorder. I'd recommend using a Shure SM57 or 58. For the recorder, you might want to consider a USB interface for your PC. You can find some less expensive ones on Musicians Friend.

Thats cool itll most likely sound better than my phone, im not looking for proffesional results, thanks for the info though.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
It will definitely sound better than your phone. Those two mics have recorded more vocals and more amp cabs than you can shake a stick at. They're extremely popular, not too expensive and built like tanks. Depending on your technique and equipment, you're likely to get some very good results.
Cheapest way to go is with a Shure SM57 and something like a M-Audio Fast Track MKII.

Musicians Friend used to have a very nice Mic, cable, stand, monitor, and interface pack for around $200 but it seems to be long gone right now.

If you want good sound, you're going to have to shell out at least a few hundred dollars.......quality don't come cheap!
Last edited by moody07747 at Aug 23, 2010,
if you want something cheap check out the " Fostex MultitrackerX12" . it cost me like 45 bucks.
It records 4 Tracks onto cassette,,Itll sound alot better than yr phone or camera,only problem is you have to actually playback the cassette to put it on yr computer...takes a while,,but the sound quality is desent for the price...Also theres a higher model called "Fostex MR-80" (i think thats what its called) that has a built in cd burner and a bunch of effects,,,thats like 130$
If you want to go really cheap a Line 6 UX1 line in cable with a 1/4" adapter to the cable so it doesn't go through the sound card.