i have to make an 8-10 minute documentary (or mocumentary) and it can be on any topic as long as its not inappropriate for school/public viewing. iv got about 6 weeks to complete it in

have any of you pit dwellers got any good ideas that would be relatively easy to film and wont take to long??

thanks!
A documentary about the other classmates making a documentary.
This is assuming that it's for a class, and that the rest of the class is also doing one.
Quote by ESPLTDV401DX
A documentary on the day of an average pitmonkey.
Yeah, but once you edit out all the masturbation and drugs to make it school appropriate, he's below the time minimum.
Ok well, you should make it about a British heavy metal band, as they embark on an ill-fated American tour to promote their new album.
You'll get big points for originality.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

There are already plenty of mockumentaries and rockumentaries, so obviously the winning formula here is anything about a thing ending in "ock". Some ideas could include a sockumentary, padlockumentary or a cockumentary.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by bodyheatseeker
Ok well, you should make it about a British heavy metal band, as the embark on an ill-fated American tour to promote their new album.
You'll get big points for originality.

will this album by any chance be called "Smell The Glove"?
Quote by whalepudding
There are already plenty of mockumentaries and rockumentaries, so obviously the winning formula here is anything about a thing ending in "ock". Some ideas could include a sockumentary, padlockumentary or a cockumentary.

Or...(holy shit) a TALKumentary!
a documentary about your quest to find your real parents, even if your not adopted. Actually, especially if your not adopted.
Quote by JacobTheMe
Yeah, the movie was complete tat.

Avoid, unless you enjoy ruining things that you enjoy.

You can call me Cam, Cameron, or any other variation
Mortal Enemies with Primus2112
And everybody's singin'la, la la la, la la la
Quote by Mudmen190
Or...(holy shit) a TALKumentary!

It'd have to be written down rather than spoken, otherwise everyone would think it was a hard-hitting exposé of the noise a clock makes.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by CreepingDeath13
will this album by any chance be called "Smell The Glove"?

What do you think I am, some sort of plagiarist?
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

If this is a project multiple people in a class are doing, try this.

You make a documentary about someone else in the class's documentary. This person must be making a documentary about someone else in the class's documentary. And that person should be making a documentary about someone ELSE's....ect ect. Leave one person to do a real documentary, theirs is the starting point for this chain. So everyone in the class is filming someone else filming someone else filming someone else filming a documentary. =)
Quote by whalepudding
It'd have to be written down rather than spoken, otherwise everyone would think it was a hard-hitting exposé of the noise a clock makes.

TS, you have your idea.
Quote by BlackmanDown
a documentary about your quest to find your real parents, even if your not adopted. Actually, especially if your not adopted.

i like that one

or the hard-hitting exposé of the noise a clock makes but i dont know how i'd make that 8 minutes long

i cant really do any filming other groups because me and my mate are one of the last groups to start.

i also thought maybe one about procrastination.
A documentary about the pawnshop business called "Pawnography". That lame pun seems to be real popular, so it's bound to happen anyway.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Do one about how you're putting this off til the very end. Then submit it late.

i think thats kinda the lines well take if we do it on procrastination

the scavenger hunt thread gave me an idea, if the international scavenger hunt thing gets off the ground in time then i could base my doco around that.
If it's for an assignment do a "documentary in how not to pass a documentary assignment". Last year I did a "How not to pass an itm assignment" video. All we did was run around the school hitting each other and doing stupid parodies of things. I'm pretty sure its on my youtube channell

EDIT: heres the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXos-jZsfak
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
Last edited by Fiddly Diddly69 at Aug 23, 2010,