hello! i just wonder which guitar is better? the prices are pretty much the same. I had a LTD-Alexi 600, and now i want a LP.
Tell me what you think, any recommendations? etc...
Please help!
The Black Beauty has another pickup. However, the middle pickup is pretty much useless.

Other than that, the guitars are identical aside from cosmetics. same pickups, same bridge, same everything.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
If you don't play anything ''harder'' than classic rock, the Black Beauty may offer you a couple more options - if you replace the middle pickup with something considerably different then you can get some interesting tones out of it. If you play a wider variety of music or any kind of modern rock (let alone anything close to metal) then go with the Custom. Bear in mind too that botht he Blakc Beauty and the Custom are not, in terms of basic build quality, any better than a reuglar Epiphone Les Paul Standard; with the Custom you're paying more just for the finish and with the Black Beauty you're paying more just for the third pickup.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Bear in mind too that both the Black Beauty and the Custom are not, in terms of basic build quality, any better than a reuglar Epiphone Les Paul Standard; with the Custom you're paying more just for the finish and with the Black Beauty you're paying more just for the third pickup.

This.