Hi guys,
been a little while since ive been on UG.
however i recently recorded a short instrumental song, and was thinking some of you might like it.
fingerstyle on a yamaha steelstring acoustic
amplified a little by garageband effects

"Breathe Easy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PdaeLw8Qhw

Give it a listen, and lemme know what you think!
I love it. Im going to put it on my ipod, thats how good it is. So mellow and thoughtful.

Bonus points for the insane drum solo at the end, too.
I believe in Rock and Roll. Can I get an Amen?

Quote by rizo299
A drunk guy on the the bus asked me if i remembered the 60's. I told him i was 17 then he told me that everyone remembers the 60's.

I thought about it, and frankly, I couldn't fault his logic.
Like i said man title fits with the music wish i could have an mp3 version. so i can go to sleep to it. also if it were to transition at the end into like a nightmarish type of sound. just an idea. puting it out there... :P
Cool recording. Very cleanly done, and the track itself is very relaxing and chilled out. You've got a bit of reverb on the intro guitar right? And how did you record the acoustic? Direct plug in or something else?
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

Quote by hitman_47
Cool recording. Very cleanly done, and the track itself is very relaxing and chilled out. You've got a bit of reverb on the intro guitar right? And how did you record the acoustic? Direct plug in or something else?

yuppp some reverb, and i think i put a little delay?

i actually dont even have an acoustic electric
i used the built-in macbook mic on the laptop with garageband
Quote by DowninFlames92
yuppp some reverb, and i think i put a little delay?

i actually dont even have an acoustic electric
i used the built-in macbook mic on the laptop with garageband

I can't believe you got that clarity out of a built in laptop mike!
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

Listening
Playing is fairly good and I liked the sound, with the massive reverb - it made the whole thing more atmospheric. You also kept the thing at a good length, it never felt boring. I was very fond of the slides in the beginning, wouldn't have minded some more of that later in the song. My only real complaint would be that it feels a bit unstructured - it would've helped if you had a distinctive "main theme", like a chorus of sorts, that you went back to in between different sections. Other than that, good stuff

Please crit my stuff at https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1362959
very impressed my friend i love your style and that's pretty awesome the sound you got using a computer mic
i'm loving 'like glass' as well - it would be great if you could get some good recordings of them that would complete the awesomeness
keep it up my friend!
Very very chill song dude. The quality is brilliant too. This is definitely something I'd listen to on a long journey ride or something. I'm kind of shocked you used a built in laptop mic aswell! I would of though this was recorded professionally. Definitely keep writing stuff like this, it's awesome!

Crit mines?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1365861
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by hitman_47
I can't believe you got that clarity out of a built in laptop mike!

garageband has some really cool stuff on there for simulating acoustic guitar tones.
I've been having a little bit of trouble with my latest recording though, for some reason whenever I record using my earphones plugged in the recording level will be much softer?
idk it's really ****ing with the quality too.
Im trying to do an instrumental cover of jeff buckley's "hallelujah" with his rhythm part, and then an improvised solo section overtop.
Like when I record the first section with no earphones in (not using metronome, dont ask)
It sounds fine and clear. when I try to record a guitar fill over top of this, wearing the earphones, it sounds shitty and is very very quiet.
Very nice and simple relaxing song!! I think its really good but maybe you can make it longer. Maybe add another section? I also suggest using a real recording interface to record. The quality you have right now is actually pretty good, but I can imagine how much better it would sound if you used something else. Guitar playing is pretty good but not perfect.

Check mine out:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1369525