Hey everyone,

Ive just started teaching beginner guitar lessons and i was just wondering if anyone could help me with some song suggestions to teach beginners, so please if you have any basic songs that would be easy to teach to kids that are 7 - 12 years old and have never really played guitar before could you put them in this thread.

Cheers,
Brocco.
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Oasis - Wonderwall.

Every guitarist knows these, and every 7 - 12 year old who likes rock music likes these.
The searchbar song.

Or anything thats really mainstream and that they'd know
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
inb4 'ejaculating red stuff'

some Oasis stuff can be pretty easy
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Cool man, I've been a teacher for a couple years now..

start with some fingerstretching exercises, just some exercises to get them know the fretboard a bit....

don't only throw songs at them, they will not learn much
Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave
Well obviously they gotta learn open chords first...

Go on Yourguitarsage's Youtube channel. There are so many easy songs that are all open chords.
Quote by Derk'ed
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Oasis - Wonderwall.

Every guitarist knows these, and every 7 - 12 year old who likes rock music likes these.

I never learnt them...

Or liked them when I was 7 - 12...

Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Hey Joe, Jimi Hendrix. Easy chords for teh youngins.

Actually from what i remember from my lessons, you should ask them what music they're into and from there select some interesting songs. Nothing worse than learning a song you're not particularly into.
He is useless on top of the ground; he ought to be under it, inspiring the cabbages
Last edited by Daftendire at Aug 23, 2010,
I'd suggest a couple of famous rock riffs for a start. Also tell them when to use which finger and to keep alternate picking in mind etc. Then the very basic chords and a simple short waltz tune (not kidding, my electric guitar teacher teacher did this for a first song and it was actually fun)
Quote by slash_GNR666
inb4 'ejaculating red stuff'

some Oasis stuff can be pretty easy

I Bleed Cum.

Some Rammestein stuff (mainly from their first three albums) are cool and easy to play, klavier, Du hast, asche zu asche, mutter, etc.

Bach's Well-Tempered Klavier, a couple of them aren't too bad, and they would be great practice, as well as his invention 13.

Can't think of anymore right now.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Teach coldplay.
Gear:
Spear SHL-1 Evil Monkey
Digitech RP350
Vietnamese Made - Duy Ngọc Acoustic Guitar

Soon my gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Teenagers by My Chemical Romance.
Teenage Kicks by The Undertones.
Anarchy in The UK by Sex Pistols.
Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day.

Because they're easy and my replacement guitar teacher taught me them since the first one left
And my first one was teaching me Heart of Gold by Neil Young
E-adopted by Andrea55

Quote by RubberPuppiessu
sucks to be you

Quote by metal4eva_22
you fail on so many levels it's funny

Formspring

[Insert statement here]