I play stuff like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Queens of the Stoneage, Nirvana, Radiohead and I'd want to start playing improvisational blues.

So my question is what guitar would suit me the best?

Vintage V100 les paul copy with humbucker pickups
Vintage V100 Goldtop les paul copy with P90 style pickups
Vintage V6 Strat copy with three single coils

Thanks in advance!
Gear:

Squier Tele Custom ii (p90 version)

Orange Crush 10

Fender CD140S
For that mix I'd say the V6 or Goldtop, try them both out and see how they feel, then decide, they'd probably be both pretty good for your purposes
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
Would you say I'd be better off getting those because of their sharp and clean, crisp single coil sound or something? Would a humbucker sound to fat and heavy? It would be great if you could also give reasons why but thanks for your reply
Gear:

Orange Crush 10

Fender CD140S
Last edited by guitarwalrus at Aug 23, 2010,
Get the one that feels best in your hands and sounds best to your ears. Those are the only 2 things that matter when guitar shopping.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Yeah I was thinking the V100 would be a bit too fat for Nirvana and Pink Floyd

But as Bhaok said, see which feels best in your hands and best to YOUR ears, that's the most important thing
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
what about the vintage advance av6 with the humbucker and two single coils? might be a bit more versatile, and i've seen prices similar to those ones you listed (and the advances, the ones I've tried anyway, are a lot nicer).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well you see i'd buy one of the guitars i listed used on ebay for example and the av6 seems pretty rare used.
Gear:

Orange Crush 10

Fender CD140S
oh ok, i didn't realise that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you mean a squire hss strat then i reckon the vintage beats that hands down but if you're talking about a real fender strat then i wish. ha ha.
Gear:

Orange Crush 10

Fender CD140S
Quote by archerygenious
Yeah I was thinking the V100 would be a bit too fat for Nirvana and Pink Floyd

But as Bhaok said, see which feels best in your hands and best to YOUR ears, that's the most important thing

To say that a Les Paul is too fat for Pink Floyd. Dave used a Black Beauty in the studio a lot, and he's used it live.

Kurt playing an Ibanez LP copy. His tech also said Kurt liked the sound of LPs, but didn't play them live due to the weight and how hard it was to replace the neck if he smashed it.

To the OP, I'd go for the Goldtop with P90s.
never knew that kurt actually played a les paul copy or he actually liked the sound of les pauls.

also, thanks for all of the posts so far. keep the opinions coming
Gear:

Orange Crush 10

Fender CD140S
it's all about tonal preference. you can have a strat do heavy metal, and a les paul do jazz and vice versa. no one guitar suits a specific type of music or band etc. it's more-so what you do yourself to manipulate that sound, i.e. using active effects, rather than passive effects.

so yeah. play them all, and then decide. don't decide on what they are on paper - you wouldn't do the same with a house or car would you?
Epiphone Les Paul Owner.
Quote by EUniqe
it's all about tonal preference. you can have a strat do heavy metal, and a les paul do jazz and vice versa. no one guitar suits a specific type of music or band etc. it's more-so what you do yourself to manipulate that sound, i.e. using active effects, rather than passive effects.

so yeah. play them all, and then decide. don't decide on what they are on paper - you wouldn't do the same with a house or car would you?

i guess that's true. i will try to try them all but i just want to see what you guys would choose if you had to choose one of the options.
Gear:

Orange Crush 10

Fender CD140S
If I had to choose I would go for the Les Paul. My LP can go to singlecoils aswell, but even without that feature it just sounds and feels better to me
A strat (without modifications) is lighter in sound and weight, and I prefer the comfort of the LP, but I agree with the guy above to not look at them on paper. You should try them out first and see what you like better.
GIMME FUE GIMMA FAI GIMMA DABAJAZA

Fender American Strat > Korg Chromatic Tuner > Jemini Distortion > Boss DD7 > Blackstar HT 20