Hey Ive been trying to put a new dimarzo single coil in the bridge of my tele but i ran into a few problems..

It said i should solder the black&white wires together and tape them up. Is this normal? Do i just keep those to the side?

Also where does the ground have to go? Theres no exposed metal except a screw and bolt that i could sauder it to
Yes my name is Tom Petty.

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D
(crappy)RED Marshall Mg100hdfx Halfstack
Digitech Death Metal Pedal
Have you looked on Youtube? There should be step by step instructions on how to do what you are doing.
try this one, from what I hear this guy knows a little bit about pickups. LOL Being that it is Seymour himself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP41-01JHf0

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
also is it possible to put a strat pickup in? and if so how could i? It has different screws to hold the pickup in place(they're on each side, instead of 2 on the bottom/1 on top).
Yes my name is Tom Petty.

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D
(crappy)RED Marshall Mg100hdfx Halfstack
Digitech Death Metal Pedal
Quote by tommyp484
Hey Ive been trying to put a new dimarzo single coil in the bridge of my tele but i ran into a few problems..

It said i should solder the black&white wires together and tape them up. Is this normal? Do i just keep those to the side?

Yes and yes.
Also where does the ground have to go? Theres no exposed metal except a screw and bolt that i could sauder it to

Take off the control plate for the knobs. Solder the ground to the back of the volume knob (or the tone knob, where ever the rest of the guitar's electronics are grounded to). You'll be able to tell because it's the big blob of solder.
Hi, I'm Peter