Hi,

I've been looking to buy the Fender American Deluxe Strat (the 2010 model) for a while now, but they're not available from guitar shops in the UK until about September/October/November, so does anyone know any USA based shops that ship to the UK?

Thanks
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce
Italia Maranello Standard
Fender American Deluxe Strat

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Behringer UD100
Boss RC-2

Roland Cube 15
Marshall DSL-401
Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Your best bet is just to goto the Yellowpages.com and start calling stores to see if they have one in stock and if they will ship it upon a cleared payment.
Since it won't matter what state you get it shipped from you'll have literally thousands of stores to call. Not that you'll need to call thousands.... but someone will ship it for you.

Also, Ebay? Lots of the smaller end guitar stores sell via ebay to help boost sales. I have seen some sell "pre-orders" of guitars.

On Ebay there are 2010 American strat bodies, full loaded. and necks. Assemble it yourself? 4 bolts.

http://shop.ebay.ca/i.html?_trkparms=65%253A2%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1&_nkw=American+Strat+2010&_dmpt=Guitar_Accessories&_sop=3&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
Last edited by JJ2003 at Aug 23, 2010,
Quote by JJ2003
Your best bet is just to goto the Yellowpages.com and start calling stores to see if they have one in stock and if they will ship it upon a cleared payment.
Since it won't matter what state you get it shipped from you'll have literally thousands of stores to call. Not that you'll need to call thousands.... but someone will ship it for you.

Thanks, but there's so many guitar stores in America, would be easier/better if someone on here had personal experience, or knew of a good store which shipped to the UK

Quote by JJ2003

Also, Ebay? Lots of the smaller end guitar stores sell via ebay to help boost sales. I have seen some sell "pre-orders" of guitars.

I've tried Ebay, there are one or two on there, but I can't find the exact model I want (Olympic Pearl with maple fretboard), and also I wouldn't have the full guarantee, and wouldn't be able to return it if there were any problems etc.

Quote by JJ2003

On Ebay there are 2010 American strat bodies, full loaded. and necks. Assemble it yourself? 4 bolts.

I dunno, I've never really done that kind of thing before, and also to get the full spec, with the N3 pickups, the S1 switching, the locking tuners etc, would be again too much effort/hassle.

Thanks again for the reply though.

Has anybody here had any personal experience buying from USA based guitar stores that ship to the UK?
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Behringer UD100
Boss RC-2

Roland Cube 15
Marshall DSL-401
Sound City 20 Watt Valve
I'm not being helpful but, out of curiosity, if theyre shipping to UK in a few months, why the hurry? I mean, it's just a couple of months...
Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 w/ DiMarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic
Selfmade Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Twang King & Chopper T

"Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream"
Quote by Lewadra
I'm not being helpful but, out of curiosity, if theyre shipping to UK in a few months, why the hurry? I mean, it's just a couple of months...

Got my birthday coming up soon, and have been wanting this for years now.
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Behringer UD100
Boss RC-2

Roland Cube 15
Marshall DSL-401
Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Quote by dwally89
Thanks, but there's so many guitar stores in America, would be easier/better if someone on here had personal experience, or knew of a good store which shipped to the UK

you're not willing to call every guitar store in the US? Do you even want the guitar?

seriously, though, email would be cheaper. and sometimes they're not allowed to ship certain brands outside the US.

Don't forget about customs/VAT charges and postage too- they'll up the price considerably.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
No (legit) store can ship an MIA Fender from the US to the UK, so don't bother (basically, if Fender find out that any of their registered dealers are shipping to another region, they cease partnership with that store - no shop wants that unless they're some dodgy back alley shop flogging Fenders they've nicked off the back of a truck). Even if you did get it shipped, you'll be looking at paying an extra 35% (give or take, depends precisely how it was shipped and the total package weight) to get it into the country. Then god help you if something goes wrong with it and you need to return it.

There are actually already some shops with the new Am Deluxe Strats in stock. Not many have been shipped over, but they have started to trickle through. If you want the HSS version in a specific colour then you may be out of luck, but there's a few HSS models floating around and quite a lot of SSS models have hit our shores.

Also, you should look at (mainland) European shops. They can ship to the UK cheaper and quicker than American shops can, you won't get charged import duty and if something goes wrong then you've got half a chance to return it. The 2010 Am Deluxe Strats and Teles have been sitting around in Germany for quite a while now.

... Or you could just wait. So long as you put in an order with a UK shop right now, the most you'll have it wait is one month. It will save you a lot of money and hassle, especially if there were any problems. If you've already been waiting a few years for this, one more month (in fact it's not even going to be a full month) isn't going to kill you.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Last edited by MrFlibble at Aug 23, 2010,
Quote by MrFlibble
No (legit) store can ship a MIA Fender to the UK, so don't bother. Even if you did get it shipped, you'll be looking at paying an extra 35% (give or take, depends precisely how it was shipped and the total package weight) to get it into the country. Then god help you if something goes wrong with it and you need to return it.

Fair point

Quote by MrFlibble
There are actually already some shops with the new Am Deluxe Strats in stock.

Are you sure about this, because all the shops I've spoken to say the same thing, that they won't have them till September/October/November (each shop seems to give a different month...). I'm looking at the SSS Olympic Pearl model (with a maple fretboard).
Also gave Fender a ring today, and they also said that they won't be in the UK till approx September/October/November time, so are you sure they're available from some shops in the UK, and if so, which ones?

Quote by MrFlibble
Also, you should look at (mainland) European shops.

Again are you sure about this, because the guy from Fender said that they've not reached Europe yet.

Thanks btw for all this :-)
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Behringer UD100
Boss RC-2

Roland Cube 15
Marshall DSL-401
Sound City 20 Watt Valve
A mate of mine picked one of the new 2010 Teles up in Nottingham just two weeks ago and another friend ordered the 2010 Am Deluxe HSS Strat from a German shop and had it delivered here so I could set it up and block the bridge, which I finished doing on Thursday (though granted, I've no idea when she originally ordered it other than it was sometime around the end of June). I can ask 'em which specific shops they bought them from if you like.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
A mate of mine picked one of the new 2010 Teles up in Nottingham just two weeks ago and another friend ordered the 2010 Am Deluxe HSS Strat from a German shop and had it delivered here so I could set it up and block the bridge, which I finished doing on Thursday (though granted, I've no idea when she originally ordered it other than it was sometime around the end of June). I can ask 'em which specific shops they bought them from if you like.

Yeah thanks if you could do that would really appreciate it.
Rang up two more shops this morning and they both said that they won't have it in till October time.
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Behringer UD100
Boss RC-2

Roland Cube 15
Marshall DSL-401
Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Since they are on the East Coast of the U.S.A. (and therefore about as close to the U.K. as you're going to get over here), call Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center. They are one of the largest music stores in the United States. They carry almost everything under the sun and they ship internationally via a number of different carriers:

http://www.chucklevins.com/storeinfo.asp?q=11

They are very good people, too.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
Since they are on the East Coast of the U.S.A. (and therefore about as close to the U.K. as you're going to get over here), call Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center. They are one of the largest music stores in the United States. They carry almost everything under the sun and they ship internationally via a number of different carriers:

Thanks, but don't think I'm going to get from the USA in the end, because of import tax, and if I need to return it etc.
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Behringer UD100
Boss RC-2

Roland Cube 15
Marshall DSL-401
Sound City 20 Watt Valve
I trust you never read the post, considering the store you cite doesn't even sell Fender

Dud
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by filtersweep
I trust you never read the post, considering the store you cite doesn't even sell Fender

Dud

Guess again. WMC is one of the largest Fender dealers in the country. Feel free to drop in there and see for yourself. If you like Fender, you'll be in heaven.

http://www.chucklevins.com/fender.asp

Epic fail, my friend. Truly epic fail.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
dude
its best to buy it locally
ive bought guitars overseas for a few years . and i dont want to do it again.
sometimes they will send you what they want and u risk some damages- then u will blame them and they will blame the transport companies.
so i´ve learnt my lesson - i rather pay 100 squid more and know what im getting.
Quote by rajandmaria
dude
its best to buy it locally
ive bought guitars overseas for a few years . and i dont want to do it again.
sometimes they will send you what they want and u risk some damages- then u will blame them and they will blame the transport companies.
so i´ve learnt my lesson - i rather pay 100 squid more and know what im getting.

I'd buy it any day from the UK if I could, but I'd really prefer not to have to wait till October/November time. I probably won't end up buying it from the USA.

Will wait and see what MrFlibble says.
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Behringer UD100
Boss RC-2

Roland Cube 15
Marshall DSL-401
Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Quote by FatalGear41

Just got a reply back from them saying:

"Sorry, due to our dealer agreement with Fender we can't ship their guitars outside of the US."
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Behringer UD100
Boss RC-2

Roland Cube 15
Marshall DSL-401
Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Right, Musik Produktiv is the German site which one of my friends got the new Strat from. She ordered it at the end of June and it turned up in this country on the 10th of this month. Turns out I misunderstood my other friend, he was going to buy a new 2010 one but ended up buying the old version as the new ones weren't around, so disregard that one.
Quote by MrFlibble
Right, Musik Produktiv is the German site which one of my friends got the new Strat from. She ordered it at the end of June and it turned up in this country on the 10th of this month. Turns out I misunderstood my other friend, he was going to buy a new 2010 one but ended up buying the old version as the new ones weren't around, so disregard that one.

Thanks for getting back to me.
Will check out Musik Produktiv.

Thanks again
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Behringer UD100
Boss RC-2

Roland Cube 15
Marshall DSL-401
Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Quote by dwally89
Thanks for getting back to me.
Will check out Musik Produktiv.

Thanks again

Got a reply back from Musik Produktiv, and they said that they won't have them until mid/late November.

I guess I'm just going to have to be patient...
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Behringer UD100
Boss RC-2

Roland Cube 15
Marshall DSL-401
Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Maybe they had just a limited release shipment earlier then. You get that sometimes, especially with ESP/LTD actually. Not hear do Fender doing it before but it doesn't surprise me. They send a few instruments out to bigger outlets as a taster so people can try them out and get excited for them ahead of the full launch.
Going to put my deposit down on the guitar this week hopefully :-)
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Behringer UD100
Boss RC-2

Roland Cube 15
Marshall DSL-401
Sound City 20 Watt Valve