Okay, so my 5150 is in the shop getting retubed and checked out, so I'm borrowing my friends Line 6, which is suprisingly not bad (Yes, I hate Line 6 as well, but I kinda like it with my 7 string!). My question is this. Can I hook a Spider IVHD head into a peavey VK cab? Any help would be great as I need to know by tomorrow when we have our show. Thanks!
Peavey Valveking Head
Peavey VK Cab
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Ibanez ART2EX1
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
Do the ohms match up? How many watts is the head and what is the cab rated at?
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Quote by BrokenDstring
Do the ohms match up? How many watts is the head and what is the cab rated at?

My cab is mono at 16 ohms
not sure bout the head, but I know its stereo.
Peavey Valveking Head
Peavey VK Cab
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Ibanez ART2EX1
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
by VK do you mean valve king cab? if so the quad is matched with the 100w VK head. as BrokenDstring said just match the ohm rating on the back of the cab with the ohm on the Line6 and you'll be good to go! just dont dime the spider as they are rated at 150w
Keep Rocking
alf...
Last edited by alfalfasprout69 at Aug 23, 2010,
Quote by alfalfasprout69
by VK do you mean valve king cab? if so the quad is matched with the 100w VK head. as BrokenDstring said just match the ohm rating on the back of the cab with the ohm on the Line6 and you'll be good to go!

Okay because poeple are telling me if I put a mono cab with a stereo head I could blow my cab? And they said I need stereo cables?
Peavey Valveking Head
Peavey VK Cab
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Ibanez ART2EX1
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
Quote by TheFireWithinPA
Okay because poeple are telling me if I put a mono cab with a stereo head I could blow my cab? And they said I need stereo cables?

hmm...il see if i can download the spider manual from the website

i have an old account with line6 so it should still work!
Keep Rocking
alf...
Quote by alfalfasprout69
hmm...il see if i can download the spider manual from the website

i have an old account with line6 so it should still work!

Thanks a ton man!!! I just don't want to end up blowing up his head or my ca tomorrow :P
Peavey Valveking Head
Peavey VK Cab
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Ibanez ART2EX1
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
Quote by TheFireWithinPA
Thanks a ton man!!! I just don't want to end up blowing up his head or my ca tomorrow :P

maybe i was wrong, i just downloaded the manual & it doesn't have any 16ohm speaker outs.

if it were me, i wouldnt hook up my 16ohm speaker cab, unless someone qualified is 100% shore its ok....

sorry dude.. i just dont know now!

Keep Rocking
alf...
Quote by alfalfasprout69
you can check out the manuals here:

http://line6.com/support/manuals/

Well that may put a damper on opening for texas in july tomorrow, haha. But thanks for the help man!
Peavey Valveking Head
Peavey VK Cab
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Ibanez ART2EX1
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2