Hey guys!

It's time to let ya'll hear some of my new stuff!
I'm working on 2 albums at the moment, 1 being a freaky instrumental Solo album, and the other being a groovy Funkrock/alternative album with my new band.
Here are 3 demo's of those albums:

1. 24 Carat: Instrumental progrockkindathing, [think about a modern Satriani]. Everything played & Composed by me

2. My Mind: Funkrock/alternative, I handle all the instruments + Vocals here.

3. Torn Apart: Another really groovy Funkrock tune, I play Guitar + Vocals on this track.

LINK: http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Pr0teZT/

Let me know what you think, would appreciate it!

PS: I used these 3 songs as audition material for the Dutch Academy of Rock and I got accepted!
Guitarist for: Delain, Arrow Haze, Vengeance, Tri-Head and others.

Official Endorser/Clinicer of:

Aristides Guitars
Noone likes to let me know what he thinks?
It's C4C btw!

Aristides Guitars
Hey hey, just woke up. Would've responded sooner if I could've!

1. I'm really digging the vibe of this song. The warm lead tone is absolutely killer as are the licks. Really great, soulful, melodic playing throughout. Those guitars sing!

2. Really great song, just like the others. The only complaint I have on this one is the mix. Everything seems a bit loud, especially the guitars in the intro, I think they kind of overpower everything. I'd bring everything down besides vox and the leads, they're right where they need to be. Those vocal harmonies where awesome!

3. This song is freaking awesome. I love everything about it. The slap bass adds a kick ass, funky, groovy touch. The vocals are soaring and the solo fits perfectly with the groove, love the little touches of harmony!

Big congrats on your acceptance. I'm pretty sure these are more than enough for the proverbial rockstar status audition! Keep up the kick ass playing and singing!

I've got a song up at https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1353256 if you wouldn't mind taking a moment to check out. Thanks!
Last edited by Odirunn at Aug 23, 2010,
Thanks for your kind words and in depth crit mate!
I have to look at the mix of My Mind indeed, since it is too loud and too busy (mixxwise) for my liking as well.
Thanks again & I critted your song in return!

Aristides Guitars
Wow man, im blown away with this stuff.

24 Carat is just too ****ing good, im speechless :O. I loved all of it, one question though, how're you getting those 70s sounding prog effects in the intro and somewhere near the end? They just seem to work so nicely. The guitar reminds me a lot of satriani stuff and the main guitar solo 'theme' sounds similar to the outro of waking the demon by bullet for my valentine. But very nicely harmonized and played.

My mind i wasn't as impressed with as 24 carat mainly because the vocals were too loud? sounded luoud to me. And the song was shorter than i expected, seems like some riffs and solos could really be explored more there but still great nonetheless.

Torn Apart is very groovy, sounds like funk meets modern mainstream stuff meets 80s hard rock solos, seems to work really great, don't think you'd need to do anything to this. I LOVE the bassline, sounds like some good pr0n bass :P very catchy
Thank you so much for your crit mate, really appreciate it!

The mix of My mind is something I have to look at again, indeed.
Even, all the songs need to be mastered aswell, so that'll be all good soon.

The prog effects are all midi presets in Logic Pro 8.
I didn't use a single loop though, I played all that shiz with a midi keyboard.

I looked up the outro of waking the demon and it is indeed very alike, funny since I never heared that outro

Thanks again dude!

Aristides Guitars
Very nice, I was impressed with all the tracks, it's a good thing you got accepted into that school, cause you really deserve it, you have some good natural talent.

The first song Torn Apart, sounded like a good mainstream song, pretty catchy, and wasn't just some heavy metal riffing like 3 Days Grace or something, it was actually well planned out. The lead tone your getting is impressive.

The second song was pretty neat, don't have much to crit on it though.

The third song, 24 Caret, was by far the coolest song, I love the lead work, it was just awesome.

Thanks for the cirt btw
Thank you so much for your kind feedback, mate!
Really appreciate it!

Aristides Guitars