Ok, over the years I have seen millions of "how do I teach this guy/girl guitar?" threads, so why don't we make a master thread for it?

Obviously I'm no expert, so I'm not going to contribute, but if anyone else want to make a big contribution I'll put it up here.
Perhaps we could build up a list of good songs to learn to start off with?

Just a suggestion really, I just realised it's one of those topics we're getting all the time

I made this thread in the Pit as it was supposed to be for all kinds of guitar not just electric, but it got closed
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
Quote by AxSilentxLine
Last time I checked that's what Guitar Techniques forum was for?

Well all the "how do I teach this guy/girl guitar?" threads I've found have nearly always been in this forum
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

Quote by archerygenious
Well all the "how do I teach this guy/girl guitar?" threads I've found have nearly always been in this forum

Because they're doin' it wrong

besides, this is the kind of thing you ask by PMing a mod
Quote by AxSilentxLine

Faildogs

EDIT: And also, this isn't actually THE teaching thread, this is just a thread suggesting the idea

Last edited by archerygenious at Aug 23, 2010,
lmao

and to anyone who views this:

STEP ONE: teach them the james bond thing, the easy chromatic thing.
TWO: Em, A, D and G. Explain that G Em and D are "the chords to get laid"
THREE: power chord shape.

this appears to be roughly standard practise.

FOUR: Smells like teen spirit
FIVE: if you cant figure out wha to teach any more than that, you shouldnt be teaching.

Enjoy.

Also, if they request to learn the following songs, give them a slap.

Smoke on the water
through fire and flames
stairway to heaven
teen spirit (yeah i know its mentioned there,)
time of your life
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Aug 23, 2010,
TS go grab yourself a flamesheild `cos when all the kids get on here you are going to need it.....don`t know why anyone would PM a mod to ask about a technique, that would make the GT forum redundant

as for a guide to learning look up the registry of guitars teachers (RGT) the performance requirements for each grade are on the website, what songs you use to teach the requirement is up to you providing you meet the requirement....(i`m not linking it `cos it`s about time people started figuring out stuff for themselves instead of me giving it them on a silver platter, although i will point you in the right direction).
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Aug 23, 2010,
Quote by ibanezgod1973
TS go grab yourself a flamesheild `cos when all the kids get on here you are going to need it.....don`t know why anyone would PM a mod to ask about a technique, that would make the GT forum redundant

as for a guide to learning look up the registry of guitars teachers (RGT) the performance requirements for each grade are on the website, what songs you use to teach the requirement is up to you providing you meet the requirement....(i`m not linking it `cos it`s about time people started figuring out stuff for themselves instead of me giving it them on a silver platter, although i will point you in the right direction).

You have no idea what I'm talking about do you?

Or what AxSilentxLine is talking about either for that matter

Last edited by archerygenious at Aug 23, 2010,
Quote by AxSilentxLine

besides, this is the kind of thing you ask by PMing a mod

+1
As I see it, this forum is more about the instruments themselves, not so much how to play them / teaching etc.

This is what you're probably looking for.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.