Page 1 of 4
On the 26th of September 2010, Season 9 of Family Guy will premiere!

Not only will it premiere, but it will also premiere in awesome style. It will be an hour long "whodunit" episode!

Here is the preview from Wiki:

""And Then There Were Fewer" is the first episode of the ninth season of the animated comedy series Family Guy. It is expected to air on Fox in the United States on September 26, 2010. The episode is based on the Agatha Christie novel And Then There Were None, as well as the 1985 comedy film Clue.

The episode features a guest performance by James Woods."

As for the plot:

"A murder has occurred, and the family must find out who the culprit is among them."

I can't wait for it to premiere as I love Family Guy!

After a few months of break from Family Guy, last night I watched (once again) the episode Brian & Stewie and just now the episode where they try to find the source of a dirty joke and the abortion episode, all from series 8.

It shall be epic... just under 5 weeks left

Some other episodes that have been confirmed are:

"Halloween on Spooner Street", which is actually the first ever Halloween themed episode of Family Guy.

"Road to the North Pole" (yes, another epic Brian and Stewie episode! )

The description for it is:

"Brian and Stewie go on an adventure to the North Pole in search of Santa Claus."

And lastly, the full list of confirmed episodes also includes "It's a Trap!", which will also be an hour long episode and the sequel to the Star Wars parodies "Blue Harvest" and "Something, Something, Something, Dark Side."

And Then There Were Fewer, Halloween On Spooner Street and Road To The North Pole are all scheduled for a 2010 release (pretty obvious actually... as ATTWF is the premiere episode of this series, and the other two well... yeah).

I expect "It's A Trap!" will be released in May 2011, just like the past Star Wars films, but more than likely it will be on the Family Guy websites that allow you to watch all of the episodes online in December.

I can't wait

So, until this series premieres, what are also some of your favourite Family Guy episodes ever?
This will start a RIOT! in me
Last edited by Paramore. at Aug 23, 2010,
"ROAD HOUSE!" Awesome! Can't wait! Most of the 8th season was pure DIAMOND, so hope this season is too >: D
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Can't wait for it's a trap! I'm dreading the fact that cleveland show characters will be in it though... That one hour episode will probably suck if it's anything like the last hour special (When they're stuck in the bank vault)
I like Family Guy.

The only criticisms I hear are that the jokes aren't related to the plot, or that "it's American". I honestly don't mind the skits at all. As a matter of fact, I like it that way. I like to think of it as sketch comedy being incorporated into an animated sitcom.
Quote by tyler_j
You think *that's* bad...?

Remember the time I got a salmon helmet from Muhammed?
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Family guy's great.
South Parks greater.

cant wait for the new season though. I might even buy It's a Trap considering Return of the Jedi is one of my childhood favorites.
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
Quote by yaaarp
That one hour episode will probably suck if it's anything like the last hour special (When they're stuck in the bank vault)

It's one of my favourite episodes
Quote by RawPower218
I like Family Guy.

The only criticisms I hear are that the jokes aren't related to the plot, or that "it's American". I honestly don't mind the skits at all. As a matter of fact, I like it that way. I like to think of it as sketch comedy being incorporated into an animated sitcom.

Really?

My criticism is that it isn't funny.
Quote by red157
It was once...

Hey, I think this thread's gone just like every other Family Guy thread ever.

When I was 12.

...Sorry, I'll leave
I am 19 and I still love Family Guy like I did, uh, I dunno now, 5 years ago? I really can't remember when I started watching it which is odd...

It's still one of the best programmes out there and it's better than most stuff, personally. People always say how American Dad! is miles better than Family Guy, but I just can't see it. American Dad! bores me...
Both Family Guy and South Park are slowly declining. Both shows were amazing and hilarious when they first came out. After the 10th season of South Park, it began to just spiral downhill. Still funny, but not nearly as much as it was. Family Guy was really hilarious up until about season 7 I would say. I still enjoy watching and I laugh, but nowhere near the way I used too because it's just not that good anymore. Everything reaches it's prime then slowly declines. Just the way it is. Once I heard about The Cleveland Show, I knew Seth MacFarlane was done. Cleveland is not funny at all and I watched one episode of the show and was done. I want my old South Park and Family Guy back.
Quote by Snuffles
You are an absolute god, offspring_punk

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Quote by Paramore.
I am 19 and I still love Family Guy like I did, uh, I dunno now, 5 years ago? I really can't remember when I started watching it which is odd...

It's still one of the best programmes out there and it's better than most stuff, personally. People always say how American Dad! is miles better than Family Guy, but I just can't see it. American Dad! bores me...

maybe because the jokes arent as stupid. And thats saying something.

Anyways new American dad episodes are fairly good while new family guy ones are horrific, with a few exceptions. Also the cleveland show is the worst piece of shit ive ever seen.
Quote by offspring_punk
Both Family Guy and South Park are slowly declining. Both shows were amazing and hilarious when they first came out. After the 10th season of South Park, it began to just spiral downhill. Still funny, but not nearly as much as it was. Family Guy was really hilarious up until about season 7 I would say. .

I agree about both, though I'd say Family Guy stopped being brilliant a bit earlier than that... It was never the same show after it returned from cancellation.

Which humorously coincides with Ninja Vampirate being 12.

Edit: Agree about American Dad. Consistently good.
was good when stewie was evil.

the show has become garbage, gay stewie is rarely funny, and every single episode now has a 10 minute musical, like if they are that short on jokes that they need half the show being a musical filler, then just stop producing it.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
I love family guy!

My favourite one is the one where Peter meets his real father, especially at the beginning when he's the clown and throws up the rag

I laughed constantly throughout the episode.
Quote by offspring_punk
Both Family Guy and South Park are slowly declining. Both shows were amazing and hilarious when they first came out. After the 10th season of South Park, it began to just spiral downhill. Still funny, but not nearly as much as it was. Family Guy was really hilarious up until about season 7 I would say. I still enjoy watching and I laugh, but nowhere near the way I used too because it's just not that good anymore. Everything reaches it's prime then slowly declines. Just the way it is. Once I heard about The Cleveland Show, I knew Seth MacFarlane was done. Cleveland is not funny at all and I watched one episode of the show and was done. I want my old South Park and Family Guy back.

I do like Cleveland Show, but it is isn't as good as my Family Guy though. There are some epic episodes of CS though.

Yeah, Family Guy was a little better during the older series but it is still amazing I think! there's still some awesome episodes during series 8. The spy one where Adam We...st sets off bomb isn't that good though. Probably my least favourite episode of the series, just like the OJ Simpson episode of series 7 was.

There is a picture of Bill Clinton in the bottom left corner of my UG page... and it reminded me he is in one episode and at the side of that picture says "Beiber & Clinton on stage together?"... so that made me think I'd love to hear a Beiber joke in the new series . Maybe even have him in one episode...
Quote by red157
I agree about both, though I'd say Family Guy stopped being brilliant a bit earlier than that... It was never the same show after it returned from cancellation.

Which humorously coincides with Ninja Vampirate being 12.

Edit: Agree about American Dad. Consistently good.

It wasn't actually funny when I was 12. See, that joke is funny because Family Guy is only funny to people with the mental capacity of a... bah, fuck you guys. I'm outta here.
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
It wasn't actually funny when I was 12. See, that joke is funny because Family Guy is only funny to people with the mental capacity of a... bah, fuck you guys. I'm outta here.

Have we... won?
family guy would be a lot better if Seth McFarlane didn't have to attentioin ***** his musical numbers in every single goddamn episode.

We get it, Seth. You like musicals. Stop trying to force it into your cartoons.
Quote by CoreysMonster
family guy would be a lot better if Seth McFarlane didn't have to attentioin ***** his musical numbers in every single goddamn episode.

We get it, Seth. You like musicals. Stop trying to force it into your cartoons.

I think the musicals make the episodes even better.

To the person who thinks gay Stewie isn't funny, I think he's just as funny, if not more at times, than he was before...
A month left until series 9 premieres . Well, in America anyway, but I just watch them the day after on the Internet so I forget that it premieres in the UK later...

Going to watch some more FG again tonight... even though I've seen every episode a million times.

Best characters are Stewie and Peter, and best pairing is Stewie and Brian .
Family Guy lost a step. I can honesty say I watched the new Simpson and still laugh at hard at those that I did the old ones I watched as a kid. I can not say the same for Family Guy. It's random pointless dribble that is not funny nor entertaining anymore.
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
I have tried, so many times, to watch random Simpsons episodes on Channel 4... it's just not funny and it never has been to me lol. I hate Homer's voice as well... it's so annoying

I love FG randomness... I always have.
I definitely love Family Guy, but they really, REALLY need to take the focus off Stewie and Brian and put it back on Peter, who is obviously the best character. Brian and Stewie are fine as supporting characters, but as anything more they are just intolerable, especially Brian.

And I hate musicals. Please don't subject me to that horror in my cartoons as well.

All complaints aside, let's post our favorite parts/episodes! I watched the Petoria episode last night, and I must say, it's probably the overall best episode. So many great parts.

"AHHHH!"
"Was that for Party of Five?"
"No, that was for my tax refund...what the hell's Party of Five?"
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
What an odd coincidence. They just started using 'Surfing Bird' in an advert the second I clicked this thread. And my favourite Family Guy quotes... Crikey...

I've said Family Guy sucked since returning from cancellation but quite a few of the quotes I'm thinking of come from season 4 episodes.

Stewie: Oh, yes, Meg, yes-yes yes, everything was going swimmingly for you until this. Yes, yes, THIS is the thing that will ruin your reputation, not your years of grotesque appearance, or your awkward social graces, or that Felix Ungerish way you clear your sinuses, no no no, it's THIS. Do you hear yourself talk? I might kill you tonight.

Peter: To the Hinden-Peter!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
I definitely love Family Guy, but they really, REALLY need to take the focus off Stewie and Brian and put it back on Peter, who is obviously the best character. Brian and Stewie are fine as supporting characters, but as anything more they are just intolerable, especially Brian.

I love the musicals, I really don't mind them and a lot of the time they are great. Prom night dumpster baby... watched that one last night that's funny

Peter, Stewie and Brian are all equal I think, I love Stewie and Peter being seen as the main characters. We need more episodes focused on Stewie and Brian and Peter and the rest of them in one episode, though, so we get to see them equally.

One of my favourites is definately Road To The Multiverse and Brian and Stewie. There are others but I forget... I can't seem to think of any specific episodes that I loved at the minute.

I do think the Star Wars episodes are great, but I have only watched each Star Wars episode once... I guess I just prefer Quahog. To be honest, space programs never really did interest me... Star Wars, Star Trek, Red Dwarf...

My least favourite episode is probably the OJ Simpson one "The Juice Is Loose".

Oh ye and the Castaway one is great .
Family Guy isn't as good as it used to be (maybe because he's juggling three shows at once?) but it's still watchable.
This thread is still open?

I remember when it first opened...

*flashback, hilarity fails to ensue*
*flashback ends*

That flashback was about a week ago!

This reminds me of that time when I first made... oh yeah.

I watched some older Family Guys again last night, Lois' voice is kind of irritating back then because it's different . It's hard to believe that Family Guy has been going since 1999... when I was about 8ish lol. It's been consistantly good as far as I can tell, it just seems that they aren't as wild as they used to be, but they are still amazing!

I randomly just thought of that Marilyn Manson episode ... what series was that?
I don't know if it will be widescreen (probably) but I heard that for this season they are moving to high-def! .
This is odd... I had a dream last night that Peter and I murdered someone, and then I tried to escape when he was hiding the body and he came after me...
Quote by RawPower218
I like Family Guy.

The only criticisms I hear are that the jokes aren't related to the plot

That's because of all the little wanna-be-edgy dumbasses who saw that episode of South Park.

Also, are you guys seriously complaining about a ****ing cartoon being in high def?
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Last edited by Vornik at Sep 2, 2010,
Can't say I have a favourite episode. I liked the one where Brian and Stewie went to Afghanistan though.
Page 1 of 4