What happened in your WORST case of GAS ? (Gear Acquisition Syndrome)

Page 1 of 2
Share your worst case of GAS ! Tell us what happened at first, then what you ended up buying (or stealing or whatever =]]). Give us pics if you can ! Please tell the amount of money you ended up paying too. And are you satisfied afterward ?

For the entertainment of everyone in The Pit, F'N SHARE IT !!!
Gear:
Spear SHL-1 Evil Monkey
Digitech RP350
Vietnamese Made - Duy Ngọc Acoustic Guitar

Soon my gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Nothing really. My most expensive thing I've bought was my Takamine EG523SC and that wasn't really an unnecessary purchase, I needed a decent acoustic guitar. I might as well post a pic...
Went to a guitar shop to buy a pack of strings, walked out with an ibanez sas36fm... which broke. fml
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
Quote by PETERFKNPARKER
Went to a guitar shop to buy a pack of strings, walked out with an ibanez sas36fm... which broke. fml

How the hell did that happen? I can only imagine it was like this:

"Hey, I need some strings please"

"I'm afraid the only strings we have are currently attached to this Ibanez."

"Oh, ok then"
i seen a Dean Vendetta 1.0 in a shop by mine and went in and played it and it was just nice. just felt so good, so went back the next day with my epiphone by gibson S310 strat (from like the 70's) and did a swap deal for it. in perfect condition i would have got ripped off, but there were 3 frets that had been worn and so buzzed like HELL and the selector switch wasn't working for the bridge pickup, bad wiring or something... either way they didnt try it just swapped it. i was like "SCORE!" they even threw in some earnie ball super slinky's because people had played it and they said it needed new strings... so yeh. i learned guitar on the epi strat but i just hated it. it played like balls, my preferred pickup didn't work, frets were muted and it was just a bit crap. the dean is now my #1 guitar. i love it!
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
I was saving up for like a year for this guitar (about $700 used), but I ended up not liking it very much. So I sold that one and a few weeks later bought this on sale (about $600 on sale). Best decision ever
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

I currently want both a prs paul allender sig with some peizio saddles, and an hardtail RG with a KAOSS pad. I'm not sure what to do.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Digitech Whammy 4. I didn't go into GC to buy it, yet somehow I came out with it and $200 less in my pocket.

I regret it completely.
Six String Ibanez Gio Bass. Not bad, I dare say. Finding replacement strings in a small town, however? Not as easy.
If 4 more people tell me to go back to writing The Vanishing Point, I will.

UG's Commie Pinko Bedwetter
I bought everything I own which comes to far more gear than I actually need.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Digitech Bad Monkey. WTF do not need?
❒ Taken ❒ Single ✔ Would like a sandwich

Vereor Deus

Quote by dann_blood
Branding!?!? THAT'S TOO PROGRESSIVE! I say bring back settlement payments in weights of lead and impalement upon wooden stakes!

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Oh! Sorry, I thought that was a braille name tag.
I GASed over an ENGL amp for months, so I saved and one day went online and purchased.....

ENGL XXL Cab, ENGL Savage 120, ENGL Z7 interface, Rocktron Prophesy, Rocktron Midi mate.

Plus a hell of a lot of planet waves cables. It worked out to quite a bit of money.....

Probably around £3500 which is around $5000? The rocktron is used so that saved me a bit of cash.

Definitely satisfied. Its what I use to gig and rehearse and quite frankly I would not use another amp.

Here is a picture..

Right now Im gasing for an Ibanez S8570-HG J Custom with BKP Warpigs which is going to cost me another £2500
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
Last edited by Talentless at Aug 23, 2010,
I can remember having a look round my local guitar store really not planning to buy anything other than a replacement D string for my bass (this store sold single strings).

I ended up buying my Yamaha RBX375 5-stringer. I ended up spending something like 300 pounds.
Bought a head worth almost €2000 and a cab worth €600
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
I wanted a phaser REALLY BAD, so I bought one that cost 20 bucks. Worst purchase I have ever made in my life.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
edwards alexi laiho sawtooth. one fanboi moment cost me (after import fees) an entire months wages back then.
managed to live for 2 months off 1 wage packet, during which time i got out of bed, went to work, came home, went back to bed. luxuries such as eating out, socializing etc went aside for a guitar i dont actually like playing.

still, lesson learned eh
Went for this:
$350

Ended up getting this:
$700
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
I went in for strings and some picks, saw the guitar I'd been GASsing over for years and immediately shelled out $1500

Left me broke though

EDIT: I'll add some pictures

Went in for this

Left with this

Maximum Volume Yields Maximum Results
Last edited by HollishGuy at Aug 23, 2010,
Both my new Carvin and my Charvel were bought on impulse. I'd been playing an Epi LP Jr for YEARS. I was desperate for a new guitar. So about 6 weeks after I impulsively ordered my Carvin, I bought the Charvel for 300 bucks. Total = 1.6k
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
I was thinking of spending 1000$ on a new bass, ended up spending $1300...
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Quote by HollishGuy
Went in for this

I've been looking for those for over a year now, do you know a place here in the netherlands that still sells them?
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by HollishGuy
Went in for this

Shame on you. Buy some lasting strings and you don't have to return that often, thus not GASing that often either.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Quote by the bartender
I've been looking for those for over a year now, do you know a place here in the netherlands that still sells them?

What about that one international European music store.. that online one.. I can't think of the name for my life right now >_<

Uhhh, something .de... i really can't remember the name

OH NOW I REMEMBER! thomann.de?
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

Last edited by mcjosh at Aug 23, 2010,
^^ You probably mean Thomann or Music Store

Quote by the bartender

I don't know, I usually buy them when I visit the Music Store in Cologne. I think the Feedback has them though, as well as a small local shop in Utrecht where I went once with my brother.

Quote by sfaune92
Shame on you. Buy some lasting strings and you don't have to return that often, thus not GASing that often either.

I usually get Elixirs, but they were sold out. D'Addario's not bad though, better then Ernie Balls.
Maximum Volume Yields Maximum Results
Quote by the bartender

I order them in bulk from ebay. You can get them piss cheap.
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
Went in to my local for my sister to get this:

Came out with this as well:

Biggest waste of £20 ever

And before you ask, yes I was a complete n00b
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
Quote by mcjosh
What about that one international European music store.. that online one.. I can't think of the name for my life right now >_<

Uhhh, something .de... i really can't remember the name

OH NOW I REMEMBER! thomann.de?

Oh you've done it now... That site is ridiculously cheap... WOW. Ok, goodbye very little money I actually have!
Quote by HollishGuy

That's one sexyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Gear:
Spear SHL-1 Evil Monkey
Digitech RP350
Vietnamese Made - Duy Ngọc Acoustic Guitar

Soon my gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Went in for this

Came out with this,

being a specialized guitarist and a lefty helps with GAS.

-strings, sold no where 'cept the net
-guitars, net
-amps, no need for any more power currently
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Everyone in the elevator died and I was convicted of manslaughter.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
I remember one time... I went into a music store. I bought a Dual Rectifier half-stack... That was great.
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Mesa Trad. Slant Recto 4x12 (UK V30s)
Custom Horiz. 2x12 (Commonwealth 12s)
I farted and accidentally shit my pants once.

No but srsly, I've been quite good with spending money on gear. Worst is £200 on a Fuzz Probe, it's a good pedal but I don't use it as much as I should for that price, and there was a cheaper £110 pedal which isn't as good a quality and doesn't look as good and doesn't have the theremin thing going on, but it probably would have suited my needs.
I bought a JCM 900 without trying it.

Unfortunately, I hated it, and it broke.
When I bought my last bass, I had been in there checking it out a few times before. Then one day I got off work, walked into the store and headed strait for it. One of the sales guys was like "can I help you find something?" and I was like "nah I had a long day I think I'll buy a bass." He was like

Not really expensive, I just think it's kinda funny.
Page 1 of 2