that would probably happen to me. Either that or i would remember this and turn down the $200 and not win.
200 x 100 = 20,000

He could have bought all the tickets and came out savvy.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by TheBurningFish
200 x 100 = 20,000

He could have bought all the tickets and came out savvy.

The guy did say not to sell the tickets for under 1100 bucks.
What if the guy never sold his ticket, won the car, then crashed it and dieded! That would be even more hilariouser!!!
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
^ That wouldn't be funny at all

Now that I think about it, a similar thing happened here back in July, except it was worth way more. My mom's friend owns an office supplies store here, and one day on lunch break he asked everyone on shift is they wanted to put in some money for a few lottery tickets. Him, his wife and the manager all put some in, but the computer tech didn't want to. It turned out that out of the dozen lotto tickets they bought that day, one of them was worth $25,000,000. Now, all three of those people are over six million dollars richer, and the one guy that didn't chip in is still working to pay off his bills and debts. You can't even imagine how pissed off that computer tech was
Quote by Pat_s1t

Now that I think about it, a similar thing happened here back in July, except it was worth way more. My mom's friend owns an office supplies store here, and one day on lunch break he asked everyone on shift is they wanted to put in some money for a few lottery tickets. Him, his wife and the manager all put some in, but the computer tech didn't want to. It turned out that out of the dozen lotto tickets they bought that day, one of them was worth $25,000,000. Now, all three of those people are over six million dollars richer, and the one guy that didn't chip in is still working to pay off his bills and debts. You can't even imagine how pissed off that computer tech was

What the dick...? I read this post before I posted mine... And now my post is on top of yours....

You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by Pat_s1t

They're each six million dollars richer, why don't they be like nice human beings, realise he was unlucky, and at least help him pay off his debts?
Quote by bulldozerbob
They're each six million dollars richer, why don't they be like nice human beings, realise he was unlucky, and at least help him pay off his debts?

Because after taxes they're not actually $6 million richer? Also, if they decide to take it lump sum, it's going to be even less. They might get $2.5-3m each. Still a lot of money, but won't be actually split 3 ways.
Quote by bulldozerbob
They're helping out their fairly large family and community instead. Both the owner of the store and his wife have more than 5 siblings each, so before they bought anything of their own, they helped their family with their debts and mortgages, and built both their parents new houses since their current ones were over 50 years old, poorly insulated and pretty dangerous in terms of fire and flood safety. They also capped off a local charity fund here that started up back in January after a mother and her two children's (who both have Downs Syndrome) house burned down, during which the older child died. As soon as they came back from holidays (which they had planned before they got their money) they told the charity organizer to stop fundraising, as whatever other money they needed, they would pay the rest.

I think that's being pretty nice human beings
Quote by bklinger83
Because after taxes they're not actually $6 million richer? Also, if they decide to take it lump sum, it's going to be even less. They might get $2.5-3m each. Still a lot of money, but won't be actually split 3 ways.
In Canada, you don't have to pay taxes on lottery winnings. It's not like "Hey, you won the lottery? I see a HUGE tax increase this year!", it's "Hey you won the lottery? We're happy for you, so we're still only going to tax your income made from working and not outrageously good luck. That is if you keep your jobs, because if you don't then no more taxes at all!"
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Aug 23, 2010,
Quote by Pat_s1t
They're helping out their fairly large family and community instead. Both the owner of the store and his wife have more than 5 siblings each, so before they bought anything of their own, they helped their family with their debts and mortgages, and built both their parents new houses since their current ones were over 50 years old, poorly insulated and pretty dangerous in terms of fire and flood safety. They also capped off a local charity fund here that started up back in January after a mother and her two children's (who both have Downs Syndrome) house burned down, during which the older child died. As soon as they came back from holidays (which they had planned before they got their money) they told the charity organizer to stop fundraising, as whatever other money they needed, they would pay the rest.

Oh yeah, fair enough then. I thought they were the type who were keeping it all for themselves.